Translate

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Snapshot: Number 54


My weekend snapshot post includes a shot I took this week as well as a project I did on Friday so hopefully this isn't too much of a stretch to call it my WS. I went ahead and made my new Peace Globe this Friday and it includes some recent as well as some old shots. One of the shots on my new peace globe was taken Thursday and is shown below with a group of high school students on the lawn of their school and there are also pigeons at the bottom of the shot.
Mimi Writes announced the upcoming Blogblast for Peace recently. Below is the peace globe I will be flying on November 6, 2008. Once you make your globe you can email it to Mimi and it will be numbered and included in the gallery. I think this inspired event which Mimi started several years ago shows a positive side of bloggers coming together. Thank you Mimi!I know some of the WS participants have participated in Blog Blast for Peace and I thought some of you who may not know about it yet may be interested in doing it in November. If you click inside my globe above you can see the individual shots I picked to represent some of the interconnected life that this planet sustains. Top left is the shot I started this post with. Under the school shot is a hummer I recently photographed. Moving right is butterfly top, me and my daughter under that, and my daughter and her Dad under that. The shots with our daughter are 22 to 23 years old.
Still moving right on the globe, beside the butterfly is a farmer's market shot, under that are ducks at my neighborhood lake, and under that are lilly pads at a mountain pond. Moving right is a dog I shot recently, that was hanging out its car window. The full shot of the dog is above. Under the dog on the peace globe is a neighborhood child on a bike last fall, and under that is a shot of my sisters at the beach. Then far right is a caterpillar in my front yard's bird bath. I posted the sister shot on my photoblog in June in this post. I liked it as an enlargement which is why it was posted on my other blog that has full size photos.
I almost used the 22 year old shot of me and my daughter in the mountains shown above, but I kind of like the one of us looking at each other for the peace globe shot. I hope you will consider joining Mimi Writes Blog Blast for Peace.

Weekend Snapshot Home is where participants post on Monday and you can browse at technorati here -

28 comments:

DeLi said...

i like teh first photo...a lovely walk... and the dog is so appealingly cute....of course the photo of you and your daughter is priceless...ive recently been doing old photo visits from my Mom's album

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Thanks for informing that the newest peace globe will be scheduled in November :) I'll be doing mine soon for sure! I enjoyed doing it at the last recent one...meaningful!

It's mid autumn festival today!! :P

escape said...

the last picture is a classic. it's really great when we get to see old pictures. you're still that young then.

SabineM said...

I love it!!! The dog is so typical and so cute!!!!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

desert dirt diva said...

i love the weekend shots..love the dog to, reminds me of my boy tank(fox red lab)hope you have a good weekend.

Dr.John said...

Very good choices for a peace globe.

Anonymous said...

hello carvers...you have lots of good photos last weekend...Enjoy the week....

ellen said...

love the dogie...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

lovely photos....have a nice day carver...

eastcoastlife said...

That is an awesome peace globe. I'll try to make one too. This is interesting.

SandyCarlson said...

Didn't know that about the globes. Thanks!

This was a lovely sequence, Carver. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cute photos indeed! I also love the one your daughter and you and looking at each other... So cute!

Thanks for the Peace Globe reminder!
Happy WS! :-)

Indrani said...

Great info on the blogblast for peace.

It is always nice to see old photographs, nice collection of shots for this weekend. Have a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

the peace globe is a very nice project. :) the interconnection of lives is what makes the world seem very small. :) have a great week ahead!

Chocolate Lover's S'mores"
Some More S'mores, Please!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and special globe, Carver.
I have participated in past Blogblasts with simple globes. Know that you have put a lot of pressure on me now!
(LOL)

Anonymous said...

That dog looks so cute! It's like he really post for pictures!

My WS entries are posted here and here. Have a great week ahead!

Kero said...

love the last two pictures! thank you for sharing. I wish i have a picture like than with my Mom hehe. Thank you too for the visit. Take care!!!

stan said...

always love the sight of dogs riding in cars and sticking their head out to feel the rush of the wind. :)

Anonymous said...

The Peace globe is such a great idea!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

great idea- and I like the varied ideas of peace

AscenderRisesAbove said...

enjoyed the snapshot at the bottom.

it reminded me of when my oldest girl was her age; she picked up a worm out of the leaves and stretched it out. caught her just in time before she put it in her mouth. aw; nature and babies!

desert dirt diva said...

my weekend photo is from 911 i love flags and this flag flying half mast is from the school i work at

maryt/theteach said...

Not participating in Weekend Snapshot, Carver, but just wanted to say glad you got a laugh at my post about McCain and Palin... :)

Woody said...

Hi,

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks again for visiting my blog and hope you come back!

Jeanne said...

great pictures!

Mine is up HERE

Rambling Woods said...

I love your peace globe. I did something simple as that is all I know how to do..but your globe is fantastic...

Carver said...

Thanks so much to everyone for visiting my weekend snapshot post.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I'll have to read more about that.....I may participate! Thanks for the info :)