Translate

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Two Down - the bridge is a bench - and a long bridge

I knocked out my second doctor of the month today so two down, two to go. The fifth of too many doctors had to reschedule so at least it's only four of my routine follow up docs in one month. Today was pain doc and I didn't really knock him out, I guess I should explain that was a figure of speech. The appointment went well and I did make a quick run to check on the bridge that was a mystery which I had posted during the bridge challenge. The bridge/bench is at the museum park art walk, and because of how I shot it before; I couldn't tell when looking through photos for the bridge challenge that is was a bench.
The shot I took last time I was there was from the bottom of the path and I shot it sideways so you couldn't see the bench. In Day 3 of the bridge challenge I posted the sideways shot as the second photo in that post. I pondered why they would bridge the gap and then close it off. Well today I solved the mystery. It's not a bridge but a platform for a bench.
The bridge in the rest of this post was shot by me while Bill drove us to the arboretum on Sunday. I wanted to feature this pedestrian bridge in the Bridging the Gap challenge but I needed someone else to drive in order to show how it goes across the beltline. The name of this bridge is the Reedy Creek Bridge. On completion it has allowed walkers and people on bikes to go from the capital greenways on one side of town across the highway to the House Creek Greenway and NC Museum of Art's Art Park. I guess this post is mostly an addition to the bridging the gap challenge photos I did week before last.

8 comments:

Dr.John said...

Good pictures as always. The bridge that was a bench is interesting.

escape said...

i can stay there the whole day reading books.

Anonymous said...

Love that platform and the bench. Glad you "only" had two more doc appointments this month.
Have a lovely day, Carver!!

DeniseinVA said...

I have just found your site. Glad I did as I have thoroughly enjoyed your photos.

jmb said...

I hope all the appointments are going well and good news is the result of each.
Really neat bench!

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting. My doctor's appointments have both gone well so that's a big relief.

Mojo said...

That bridge is probably less than a mile from my house. I always wondered where it went. Never could find either end of it, just saw the span over I-440.

Rambling Woods said...

I understand how you feel. As an MS patient, I am always at one doc or another and I have my yearly MRIs coming up. I hope your tests and appointments all go well. Wonderinf about the future with a illness is difficult..