Translate

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Odd how I keep writing here

I find it odd the way I can keep writing on this blog and can't seem to write in my journal anymore where I would be free to say anything. I'm pretty free here but it's such an odd thing to do. Keeping a daily journal for myself is one thing but the way I keep writing here almost daily, at times, is quite bizzare. I didn't understand it when my daughter used to do it. The funny thing is she doesn't do it anymore. When I mentioned that I was keeping a blog she said that she was over all that. Not in so many words but that was the gist of it. I really should get going with my day. My daughter is sleeping in and I intended to walk earlier than this and then go do my christmas eve grocery shopping so I don't have to do it on Christmas eve. My daughter went to the store yesterday to get the heavy stuff so I am mostly getting fun stuff today. I want to wander around and get what catches my eye. Normally a dangerous thing to do in the grocery store but what the heck, it's Christmas. One reason I need to get moving soon for a walk is that it's not raining. It rained most of yesterday and is going to rain today although I'm hoping not until later. Christmas day is forecast to have rain and temps in the 40s so no chance of a white christmas here. That's okay. I didn't expect a white Christmas. We're more likely to have a white Easter than a white Christmas with our bizarre weather patterns. The birds are active as all get out. Everytime I walk out the door there are a ton of them zipping into the bushes or up to the tree limbs but I don't have the ability to photograph them although I keep trying. I guess I'll get going soon because if I don't I'll miss that walking window and I've done so well since I started my latest effort. If I walk/jog, I almost make the kind of time I used to do with my fast walk way back when. Funny that I have to have short jogging intervals to get up to what was my normal brisk walk. I'm not even talking about what I could walk when I was younger and slim. I'm talking about the brisk walk I did in my early 40s before losing my excess weight the first time. The thing I hate the most about extra weight is that it makes everything harder to do and with my other limitations it has become a big factor. Whine, whine, whine . . . but I am starting to lose some of it which is helpful.

No comments: