Translate

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Falling into Place

I'm glad everything is falling into place for my daughter. She got the job she applied for yesterday at a bakery/cafe. It's a little over a mile from here and will be convenient as all get out. I was hoping she'd get a job right away because I knew if she did that she could save money living at home for gap semester in between graduating from college and starting law school. This will be the longest that we've lived together since she went to college. For that matter, this will be the longest we've been in the same state since she went to college. I think it will work out well, especially since she was able to get a job right away. She is going to try to get a part time job at a book store which is in the same shopping center as the bakery/cafe and work two jobs. Either way though, at least she knows she has one job and that will begin next week. I am having trouble getting going this morning. My work has hit a brief lull, in part because so many people are on vacation this week. I am off soon for a walk but am not in a hurry. Pretty chilly outside which I like but for some reason today I haven't felt like rushing out to the chilly morning. I've been watching the birds from my bedroom window. If the screen didn't provide such a weird background I could have gotten some good pictures. Funny to post a cloudy shot that I took a week or so ago because the sun is bright and the skies are blue.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Carver,

Wow I had some reading to do! I loved the pics of your former Christmas trees, we've had all sorts, some you really do have to clear the room for and some that you can sort of squeeze them in.

I'm glad your daughter's home and that she found a job already, that's so cool. It will be lovely to spend some time together, I'm sure. What a treat - an awesome Christmas present, huh?

Carver, I really do wish you the very best for this coming year, with less physical issues, more activity along with weight loss (want that for me too:)) and zero melanoma problems.

I wanted to say also, thank you so much for all your love and kindness and support of me these past months, if only you could really know what a difference it's all made and how much it means to me.

You're a very special lady!

With much love,

Heather

Anonymous said...

This certainly sounds like a wonderful opportunity to get to know your daughter once again and as an adult. We had two daughters move back for a time and it was very nice..on a different level, I might add but nice.

The job will give her the extra coins she needs and a little space for both of you. Here's hopig she will get the acceptance of her choice for law school..what an inspiring young lady but that should come as no surprise since she's had such a caring role model all these years.

May you have a wonderful 07 and that MM will be only a distant memory. sue

King (Kathie) said...

Carver,

Your daughter looks sooo much like you. There is no doubt about a relationship there. I bet this will be a great bonding time for you and your daughter. I've always wished I had a daughter. My son and I are very close but it's not like a mother/daughter relationship.
Hmmm, and she will be working at a bakery/cafe. Tempting treats but I have such a sweet tooth.
Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Stay Strong
Kathie