Translate

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Today's Flowers and Weekend Flowers


I'm going to start with shots I took at the WRAL TV Azalea Garden.
todayflowersDSCN6466
The rhododendron above is almost identical to one I lost years ago during a drought.
todayflowersDSCN6474
The snowball bush (viburnum macrocephalum) blossoms look like hydrangea blooms.
todayflowersDSCN6478
The hellebores below are planted throughout the garden.
todayflowersDSCN6489
The peonies are still at the bud stage.
todayflowersDSCN6497
The garden has a lot of pansies.
todayflowersDSCN6507
The rest of the shots are ones I took this week at my house. Below is one of my pink azaleas after a hard rain.
todayflowersDSCN6545
Ironically I didn't include shots of azaleas at the azalea garden.
todayflowersDSCN6599
The reason for that is I have so many photographs of my azaleas. My white azalea above looks like it's propping up my ivy covered house.
todayflowDSCN6617
Above is the first one of my evening primrose to bloom this year. Below is a shot of my kolkwitzia amabilis.
todayflowersDSCN6586

14 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Gosh, the snowball bush is magnificent!What an adorable flower!
Léia

Judy said...

I love that azalea bush beside the house, and the macro of the primrose blossom!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love the azaleas.

Karen said...

Beautiful Carver, Azaleas are my fave, your pink one is gorgeous.

Tina´s PicStory said...

so beautiful! thanx :)

Arija said...

I love your garden. Our first house was also covered by a creeper that kept it cool in summer, lost it's leaves in autumn and let the sun warm the walls in winter.
Beautiful photos.

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely garden! It looks very well cared for.

Barbara said...

Beautiful flowers, a joy to see. Thanks

NatureFootstep said...

so much in bloom already. Lovely!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely photos, the snowball bush is amazing!

genie said...

Oh, Carver...The flowers in your yard are heavenly. Guess they are in full bloom right now. Big azaleas are no where to be found in our part of the state. I must admit I am a bit jealous. genie

DeniseinVA said...

A wonderful variety of gorgeous blooms. That huge azalea bush is a sight to behold. Thank you Carver, have a great week :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Every picture is beautiful, and every one is a flower we grew in Oregon but that I never see here. Well, maybe an occasional pansy in the wintertime. Anyway thanks for the beautiful pictures and the memories.

A Colorful World said...

Your garden is AMAZING! Wow...beauty everywhere you look!