Translate

Monday, May 27, 2013

Nature Notes: Spring draws to an end

Hard to believe that summer is almost here.
naturenotessDSCN7287
The American Robin above seemed to be watching the cars pass by. I like to see clover dotting the landscape white.
naturenotesDSCN7286
It's nice to see large trees in downtown areas.
naturenotesDSCN7283
The trees soften the buildings and asphalt with their green leaves this time of the year.
naturenotesDSCN7268
I'm happy to see so much coriopsis coming up in my yard.
natunoteDSCN7299
This variety of coriopsis, as well as the butterfly weed below, self seeds so I never quite know where they'll turn up.
natnotesDSCN7302
Below is some poison ivy I don't like to see but I'm posting the shot in case anyone doesn't know what it looks like.
natnoteposivyDSCN7303
The blackberry vines are beginning to have a few blossoms.
naturenotesDSCN7423
My hydrangea bushes have more and more blooms forming.
naturenotesDSCN7419
Below is one of the few hydrangea blooms that are beginning to get their color started.
naturenotesDSCN7401
Can you spot the visitor in the hydrangea bloom below?
natnoteDSCN7402
One of my blueberry bushes already has a few tiny berries.
natnoteDSCN7393
I've photographed the coriopsis a lot this week.
 natnoteDSCN7387
I used to have several different varieties of coriopsis but this one is the only one that keeps coming back.
natnoteDSCN7380

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Great series of nature shots Carver. I especially thank you for the shot of the poison ivy. Always a good reminder of what they look like. That old saying "leaves of three, let it be" come to mind.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I see a visitor in the first hydrangea shot too! A different one.

Love the whole post. In a way it makes me a little sad/nostalgic though, because spring is almost gone and I missed it (a normal spring anyway).

EG CameraGirl said...

The flowers in your area are beautiful and it does look like summer is approaching .

I still consider it to be spring here in Ontario for another month...even though we are due for summer-like weather at the end of this week. :))

Karen said...

You have a lovely garden Carver.

MyMaracas said...

Your post brought back childhood memories of making clover crowns and necklaces, and of popping off the spent heads of coreopsis in my grandmother's garden. Lovely, lovely photos.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely collections of flowers and plants, Carver! Cute shot of the robin! Thanks for sharing your nature scenes!

Cezar and Léia said...

I love this nature energy, your pictures are magnificent!
Léia

Rambling Woods said...

Good reminder Carver.... I love the coreopsis... Michelle