Translate

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nature Notes: Around my yard

It amazes me how I went from one rose to a mass of them blooming within a few days.
naturnotesDSCN6900
Can you spot the two catbirds and the female cardinal.
naturnotesDSCN6888n
Below is a better look at one of the catbirds.
naturenotesDSCN6885
The female cardinal looks like she's going to take a nose dive.
nature notesDSCN6890
The grackle was in my neighbor's yard.
naturenotesDSCN6684
I like the way my hydrangeas look after rain.
naturenotesDSCN6677

10 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

A beautiful set of pictures, the green is so intense in your garden!Lovely nature!
Léia

Karen said...

Lovely springtime green and your roses are beautiful.

Marleen said...

Yes, isn't this time of year wonderful. I love your photo's.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The hydrangea leaves do look shiny and just showered! I spotted one catbird immediately but had to search for the other and the lady cardinal! But I found them. Reminded me of Highlights for Chidren search and find puzzles!

Reader Wil said...

Beautiful photos! I actually saw the two cat birds and the female cardinal. Your birds are so striking compared to the Dutch birds.Thank you for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Catbirds are fun to have around, their sounds are almost nonstop sometimes. Your roses are beautiful and the hydrangea is lovely. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

Rambling Woods said...

Wow... Beautiful roses... It is easier for birds to hide this time of year... Michelle

Laura said...

feels so joyful and alive Carver.... beautiful!

Susan Demeter said...

These are beautiful photos. Makes me smile thinking that Spring is now here! Will stop by a little later to see if you are playing photo hunters, if not happy Friday and happy weekend!

NatureFootstep said...

spring is a wonderful time, isn´t it? Lots of new things every time you go out the door.