Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tightly Wound

I'm starting to feel as tightly wound as the flowers I'm posting tonight. I think that means I can't keep waiting for better weather to walk. I don't think I can tolerate walking on a treadmill or indoor track. I could do it from a physical stand point but the idea of it is totally unappealing. I guess I could try swimming laps and see how my shoulder does. I know I should be doing some water walking but I can't seem to make myself do that.
I am continuing to keep my walking log but as soon as I start back to regular 2 to 3 mile walks, at least every other day, I'm going to begin another fresh start. My minimum goal was walking for exercise every other day. I would like to walk for exercise daily but I tried to set realistic goals. I'm on fresh start number three and so far each fresh start ends up with less activity. At this point I'm doing so little it will be easy to show improvement. There I go, the Queen of the silver lining. On a truly positive note, I found a gallon jug of bubbles (the kind you blow) when I straightened up my laundry room. I knew I had some bubbles somewhere but I had no idea where I put them. They were behind the laundry detergent. Good thing I didn't accidentally wash clothes with them. That would be par for the course. I not only managed to enjoy myself blowing bubbles, I also captured a few with my camera. Let me say that blowing a bunch of bubbles and then snapping pictures before they all burst is no mean feat. I guess that means I did accomplish something today.

4 comments:

Miss Melanoma said...

Carver,
I think you definately accomplished more than I did today. I'm impressed by the bubble feat.

On another note, I'm tagging you for 8 random facts. The rules are at the top of my last post. Have fun with it! And I look forward to reading up on what you have to say about yourself.

Take care!

Carver said...

Hi Lori,

I'll play tag but considering how my whole blog is random, I may have to scratch my head a bit to come up with ones even more random than usual. Ha. Take care, Carver

Anonymous said...

I love the bubbles! What fun and a really good photo too.
Tightly wound, yep, this weather will do that for ya. Swimming sounds like a good idea, really. I bet if you just made yourself go once, you could get back into the habit. I know it is hard to get started back to the gym...I have had quite a few 'fresh starts' myself that respect as well as quite a few others.
Ah, yes cool, refreshing water....

Nightswimming, remembering that night
September's coming soon
I'm pining for the moon
And what if there were two
Side by side in orbit
Around the fairest sun?
That bright, tight forever drum
Could not describe nightswimming.

You, I thought I knew you
You, I cannot judge
You, I thought you knew me,
This one laughing quietly underneath my breath
Nightswimming.

The photograph reflects,
Every streetlight a reminder
Nightswimming deserves a quiet night, deserves a quiet night.
-R.E.M. 1991 (Michael Stipe)

I hope you do some unwinding soon!
Love, K.

Carver said...

Hi Kim,

I love the lyrics to the R.E.M. song you posted. I'm listening to it as I reply. I found it here http://www.ifilm.com/video/2478581
Perfect, and thanks for making me think of it. Love, Carver