Translate

Friday, August 03, 2012

Photohunters: Ooooo and Path


OOOO no, once I decided to lead you down the garden path I knew this would be a long post.
0001PHoopathIMG_8229
My first thought, when I saw that one of the photohunter words this week was Ooooo and that the other one was Path, was that it's not unusual for me to say Oooooo look at that when walking down paths.
001PHoopath2IMG_4441
The problem was what paths should I pick.
001PHoopat2IMG_4426
I thought about using trails I've hiked on in the mountains.
001PHoopath2IMG_4427
I thought about forest and park trails near where I live that I walk on frequently.
001PHoopath2IMG_4435
Then I thought I better limit it or I'd have tens of thousands of shots to choose from.
001PHoopath2IMG_4439
That's why I am only showing you garden paths in the triangle area of central NC where I live.
0001PHoopth2IMG_4770
That's still not much of a limiting factor.
 0001PHooopth2IMG_4787
If this seems like a hodge podge its because these shots were taken during several different seasons and years.
0001PHoopt2IMG_4753
The garden paths are in Duke Gardens and Grace Garden in Durham NC, the JC Raulston Arboretum at NCSU in Raleigh NC, and the NC Botanical Garden in Chapel Hill, NC.
0001PHoopth2IMG_4754
Those three towns comprise the triangle area of NC.
0001PHpathIMG_5613
Since the company I work for is in Durham, I live in Raleigh, and one of my doctors is in Chapel Hill, I have plenty of opportunities to slip off to the gardens in these towns.
0001PHoopahtIMG_5566
There are also many other beautiful gardens in the triangle area in addition to these.
001PHoopathIMG_4733
However, I don't want to lead you down too many garden paths or I might get lost.
001PHoopathIMG_4724
There are so many different aspects of gardens that make me go Ooooooooooo.
0001PHoopthDSCN6016
Sometimes the bare beauty of a winter garden affects me as much as spring.
001PHoopathDSCN6041
I like gardens that make me feel as if I'm in a forest but I also like Japanese Gardens with their stylized beauty.
001PHoopathDSCN6153
Ooooo I guess I will leave you with one last path.
001PHoopathDSCN6154

15 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Ooooo .... such a lovely long walk!! Love the spectacular blooms along the paths. I could slim down taking a stroll down these paths daily. :)

Sue said...

Beautiful! We have some lovely garden paths in our neck of the woods too, and hubby and I enjoy walking along them in all the various seasons too :) Lots to oooooo about! Happy weekend and happy photo hunting I played too :)

LifeRamblings said...

Ooooo, such beautiful paths to go for a stroll. enjoy your weekend.

MaR said...

An enjoyable long stroll! lovely paths and pictures, gorgeous!!

oooo ¬ path

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oooh I love walking paths! And you have found some wonderful ones. I like that you can find these nature walks where you work and go to the doctor -- adding some beautiful R&R to your days.

Vicki said...

So much beauty surrounds us, we just need to open our eyes and go oooooo

I liked your strolls.

My Oooooo's are at http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=766

Judy said...

Wow, I love all the paths, I can see why you posted them all.

ancient one said...

Great Shots of those garden paths... all beautiful... I enjoyed the tour..

YTSL said...

Great post Carver -- and yeah, I have the same reaction as you when out walking on paths... and when seeing this week's themes for the two Photo Hunts. ;b

Gattina said...

What a choice ! I think that theme was made for you ! beautiful !

Sreisaat said...

sOoooooo envious of where you live! I would enjoy the walking paths tremendously. Any path available from where I am is either occupied by a street vendor or parked vehicles.


Sreisaat Adventures

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....such breathtaking beauty!!!

I'm glad you decided to share this path. Many oooooo's and ahhhh's from me.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Ooooo~ I'm exhausted :-)

A Colorful World said...

These are some GREAT paths! I liked each and every one. How I would love to follow them through their gardens or woodlands....a very lovely thought!

Sandi McBride said...

I've been watching the hummingbirds fighting over the choices of mandeville hummingbird weed and necter hanging from the porch...all these beautiful scenes you have presented would make them crazy!!!
hugs
Sandi