Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Today's Flowers: August in bloom

There is a single gardenia left on the bush which looks quite happy with the rain and cooler temperatures.
todayflowgardDSCN4757
The black-eyed susan (rudbeckia) on my deck has a few blooms making a come-back.
todayflossDSCN4857
Most of them bloomed early and have already gone to seed.
todayflssDSCN4852
Nice to have a few of these cheerful yellow flowers left.
todayflsDSCN4858
All of my different varieties of rose of sharon (hibiscus) are still in bloom.
todayflohaDSCN4752
I am surprised that everything didn't succumb to the summer heat wave.
todayfrsDSCN4838
I am very happy that it is slightly cooler now.
todayflrsDSCN4840
Click for the home of Today's Flowers which is returning next week.

6 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I can almost smell the gardenia -- and that last photo (is it a Rose of Sharon?) certainly looks more delicate than it apparently is.

Denise said...

Beautiful flowers today. I haven't been able to add anything as my regular computer broke down on me on Friday. I am happy hubby bought me an IPAD for my birthday but I miss being able to add any photos to my blog. Haven't figured if I can do that yet.

Carver said...

Thanks for visiting. The last shot is rose of sharon (the last 3 are).

Leora said...

The gardenia is "delicious" - looks like fancy candy.

A Colorful World said...

Some really gorgeous flowers! I especially love the gardenia though...I can almost smell it! :-) Great photos!

EG CameraGirl said...

August in NC is so lovely!