Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nature Notes: First Hint of Autumn

The dogwood trees are always the first to change colors in the autumn. I was pleased to see a hint of that change in my Dogwood Tree.
natutenotdDSCN4908
My wild backyard hides a multitude of animals. I pointed my camera at an area where I heard and saw glimpses of many birds but didn't catch any as they were hidden too deeply in the growth.
naturenotgDSCN4878
I love the shade from trees in the summer and have many in my yard.
naturenotsDSCN4881
I like the little white flowers in the volunteer ground cover in my yard but can't think of its name.
naturegDSCN4876

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I keep seeing leaves falling, maybe before their time. But, I am not ready to let summer go yet. It is great to have places for the birds to hide, it gives them protection from their predators. Thanks for sharing, have a good night.

Leora said...

Now there's a fun idea - look for signs of changing leaves. I like how you hear the birds but you don't see them.

Maude Lynn said...

I wish that I had all those trees!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

your autumn coming soon? We are still very cold here, and rain non stop.

Nature Rambles said...

Very nice pictures. Seeing the words "hint of autumn" made me think...oh, so soon!!

Rambling Woods said...

Oh no..fall already..I feel I spent the summer sweating with a hose in my hand..but I too see the changes..We had rain as I said and it is going to cool down for a bit. Good news here...Michelle

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Already? Awwww -- summer just got here..... I love your yard/wildlife habitat. .... I keep pointing my camera into our wetlands and the sounds of grebes -- but all I ever get is water -- your hidden bird picture is much more interesting.

SandyCarlson said...

Yes! I love the coming of autumn. I detect it first in the long shadows of late summer. Your photos are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

on en fait des rencontres florales