Translate

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Nature Notes: Busy, busy, busy birds

This time of year the bees start to diminish in numbers but the birds get busier.
The burst of bird activity which begins here at the end of summer and into the fall is similar to the spring surge of effort.
It's not as easy to photograph the birds this time of year as it is in the spring because the leaves in the trees are giving them so many more places to hide.The easiest time to photograph my birds at home is in the fall after the leaves have dropped and in the spring before the trees leaf out.
The little bird below was moving while I was snapping the picture but I kind of like the effect where its wing looks like a full pleated skirt.
You can click inside any of these shots for an enlargement although the quality isn't great when they are too big.
Please visit the home of Nature Notes for other participants.

15 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

It might be harder to catch them now but you DID it!

MaR said...

You did a wonderful job photographing all those beautiful birds!!

Squirrel said...

Nice captures Carver! I love the variety of birds you have hanging around your yard =)

Coincidentally I captured a woodpecker on my squirrel feeder this past week.

Cezar and Léia said...

Outstanding pictures!I loved "your"birds dear Carver!
Léia

Daryl said...

Excellent captures, Carver, all!

jmb said...

LOL. No time is easy for me to photograph birds unless they are the size of eagles or herons.

Nice photos Carver.

Ayie said...

those are lovely birds, so much to see in your place. I get to see a blue bird and some hummingbirds by the apple tree here. =)

ellen b. said...

Love your bird shots Carver! I'd like to see and photograph a red bird someday!

Leora said...

Thanks for teaching me a lot about birds! I keep trying to learn more. And photograph one or two.

Nature Notes Meme said...

I noticed that my sunflower feeder is getting low sooner. I think the nuthatches and blue jays are starting to cache food. Yup.. fall is on the way.. I love all the bird photos Carver. To me they don't have to be the perfect specimen shot to get the point across. At least that is what I tell myself..LOL.... Michelle

Arija said...

Most of our native trees in Australia are evergreen so I know full well how hard it is to snap the birds in leafy trees. You have certainly done very well.

Caron said...

These are great close ups of the birds, particularly the first one.

Julie said...

I like to try and capture the birds also, it is a challenge. Great shots.

moosh said...

A liked the bird with the skirt.
You must have alot of patience.

MyMaracas said...

Great shots, Carver! It's always fun to see what the birds are up to. I love the way you're able to capture them in action.