Translate

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Today's Flowers: Blooms Bursting


Only a few of my tulips have come up this year but they change throughout their growth period affording lots of photo ops.
todayflowtDSCN8738
I like the way some of my red tulips have white highlights.
todayfltlDSCN8905
Considering how many tulips I used to have, I try not to be disappointed by the dwindling numbers.
todayflotlDSCN8908
I only had one yellow tulip this year although perhaps a few more will come up.
todayflowtlDSCN8897
The seem like different flowers when they open up.
todayfltlDSCN8856
Out of my dozen or so varieties of narcissus, only a few have bloomed this year.
todayflowtlDSCN8919
I like this variety but I miss some of the others.
todayflosDSCN8809
Also only two of these have bloomed out of 20 or so plants. The same thing happened with another narcissus that bloomed a week or so ago.
todayflowdfDSCN8744
My azaleas are blooming very early and I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get a hard frost.
todayflowazDSCN9057
Covering my monster azaleas is not an option.
todayflowazDSCN8924
We've had a very wet spring this year.
todayflowaDSCN8799
I'm glad of a wet spring knowing that summers can be dry.
todayflowazDSCN9039
The azaleas got very drenched today.
todayflazDSCN9027
I'm glad that it will be cooling off some next week but staying above freezing.
todayfloazDSCN9018
If it wasn't for the flowers, I wouldn't mind some very cold weather since winter was so mild this year.
todayflowazDSCN9061
My dogwood trees started blooming this week.
todayflowdgDSCN9048
Click for the home of today's flowers.

16 comments:

Carletta said...

Pretty peppermint colored tulips!
Your azaleas are gorgeous.

After five days of 80 degrees we have dropped back to 60. I'm hoping that's where it stops or our blooms will suffer.

Judy said...

What a lot of lovely flowers!! My favourites are the first tulip - staring right into the centre, and the first rhododendron (I think) with the water drops!! I have been reading a couple of books about where plants came from, and apparently it is better for the bulbs if they are lifted for the summer, and replanted in the fall. Or maybe just keep planting more. I know what you mean about some of them just fading away...

Lui said...

I rally love the first and fifth shot and the azaleas! What wonderful images again!

Jama said...

All of them are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

you have a lovely garden. so beautiful.

Karin M. said...

Such lovely flowers, all of them are so pretty...very nice photos..
Thank you for sharing...
Greetings Karin

SquirrelQueen said...

That monster azalea is gorgeous. I am amazed at all the beautiful flowers you have right now. We had snow on Thursday so spring has not quite arrived in our area yet.

Cezar and Léia said...

Spring song, beautiful colors, flowers in everywhere!It's wonderful!
Léia

Crafty Green Poet said...

what beautiful flowers! Your azalea bushes are amazing.

Indrani said...

My fav. flowers. Thank you for showing.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Lovely post -- I am so hoping you don't get a frost -- those azaleas are amazing. The tulips definitely look like two different flowers at the different stages.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love those tulips.

forsythia
Have a blessed Sunday!

Rambling Woods said...

I don't know if anything is going to look as pretty as your area as we have a hard freeze Monday night..

Eden said...

Gorgeous Flowers!

I remember your name from previous PhotoHunts... I am rediscovering where the other PhotoHunters are. :) Do come by and visit my site here: http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/eden/

Sandi McBride said...

Had the chance to visit with Daddy yesterday and look at Mama's azeleas all bursting with bloom...she would be so proud at the care he's given them and her roses and would be extremely proud that he didnt' cut the Lady Banks back!!! We have to treat tulips as annuals here, if they come back once we throw a party!!!

Reader Wil said...

There are already beautiful flowers in your garden! I wish I had azaleas in mine!
Have a great week.