Translate

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today's Flowers: Canna lilies


toda fl callil IMG_1560
I was at a park recently and notices the large stands of canna lilies.
todfl clly IMG_1569
From a distance they were a beautiful splash of color and I walked over to photograph them.
toda fl calily IMG_1566
When I got closer I realized that there were more brown flowers that were way past their prime than there were healthy ones.
tod fl cllly IMG_1567
However, when I got even closer I realized there were many individual blooms that were beautiful and worth photographing.
today flow ca lil IMG_1559
I find it interesting how different the same scene looks depending on what I'm bringing into focus with my brain and, or my camera.
todfl clly IMG_1568
Click here to visit the home of Today's Flowers.

14 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

The cannas are gorgeous! We have to pull them out of the ground in autumn and replant them in spring - maybe you do too. But our winters are so long I have over the years lost all mine. I suppose I could start again...or not. :)

Leora said...

I am so glad you stopped to photograph these beauties. The second one from the bottom, the one with the spots, that's my favorite photo. All are lovely.

Regina said...

Beautiful canna. It s grows here all year round.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and I agree that there is so much beauty in all the stages of flowering plants....

Carletta said...

I find sometimes even the spent blooms make a pretty image with the right angle. :)
You have some lovely examples.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo's carver, i like the first photo from the post below this as well,

Dani said...

very beautiful. Love your shots. So colorful

Happy day!

JJ said...

Certsinly worth stopping to photography.
So msny colours and shapes.
JJ

Rosie @ Centre of Interest said...

lovely plants - they don't thrive here even as annuals as we don't get enough sunshine to make them flower well so its great to see some of the flowers up close.

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous cannas, Carver Lovely photos!

Siromade said...

You had a beautiful spot of doing photograph, lilies are beautiful flowers, love all your photo.

lina@women's perspectives said...

Canna grows well here.
Your canna photos are perfect :)

Unknown said...

The all have their unique glow to them.

join me on the Path to the Summit

DeniseinVA said...

Nature's colors never cease to amaze me. Outstanding!
An English Girl Rambles