Translate

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today's Flowers: This week around my house


I'm doing another week of flowers around my yard. The yellow flower below is on stalks that are almost as tall as I am.
todayflyDSCN3070
I started these years ago with a wildflower mix and I'm not sure what the yellow flowers are.
todayflowcpDSCN3070
More and more coneflowers (echinacea) are flowering and it's fun seeing where they turn up.
todayflcpDSCN3071
In the fall I take their seedheads and sprinkle them around the yard.
todayflcpDSCN3065
Some of the echinacea plants survive the winter after their flowers have died, and then grow again in the spring. I also have new plants pop up from my sprinkling the dead flower's seeds.
todayflcpDSCN3068
Hibiscus is another one that pops up all over the place but since they grow into such big bushes, I don't encourage them except in certain areas.
todayflsgDSCN3084
I think they are pretty but the type of hibiscus we have are very invasive.
todayflchDSCN2990
The fairy asters below are earlier than usual. Normally they don't bloom until the end of the summer into the fall.
todayflfasDSCN3017
I can't resist posting a bunch of the coneflower shots as they are all different.
todayflwDSCN3044
I like them for myself but also for the wildlife.
todayflarcDSCN3046
I like the early morning light on the white hibiscus below.
todayflhDSCN2884
The conflowers below were also shot in the morning light.
todayflcDSCN2889
Next is a pink hibiscus catching the first rays of the morning.
todayflhDSCN2967
The hibiscus is doing well but the hydrangea on the far right top corner of the shot below is shriveling in the heat.
todayflhbDSCN2968
Click for the home of today's flowers.

11 comments:

Rajesh said...

The flowers in your yard are beautiful and colorful.

VALKYRIEN said...

You have some beautiful flowers in your garden!

Crafty Green Poet said...

what a wonderful selection of colourful flowers!

fjÀllripan said...

So many beautiful flowers you have. I had the red echinea (rudbeckia)in my bouqet at my wedding :)
Have a nice day!

Dee said...

Nice capture of the light on the flowers! Love it!

Carletta said...

I'd love seeing your yard. You always show such lovely blooms and so many. I have only a few but then I don't put that much time into things.
Your hibiscus is one of my favorites. They are lovely! Sadly mine aren't blooming yet.
Love all the coneflower shots but the one drooping down is especially nice.
As always I appreciated your visit.

lina@home sweet home said...

Enjoying your flowers :)

Arija said...

All lovely flowers and so many. The yellow one is Evening Primrose that spreads it's perfume at dusk.

Have a happy week!

Judy said...

I simply cannot choose a favourite! There are so many lovelies!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely series of images!

DeniseinVA said...

A delightful collection of flowers to wake up to. They are so pretty. I have enjoyed them all. Thank you for making my day start off in such a nice way.