Translate

Friday, May 20, 2011

Photohunters: Cluttered


On road trips I often notice how cluttered the sides of our highways are with the means to operate our civilization.
PHclutteredDSCN1432
The shot above was taken near Winston Salem, NC. The rest of the shots were taken of the uncluttered rural scenery. I'm not positive which shots were in NC, VA, and WV but I think the shot below is VA and I think the last one is NC.
phnoclDSCN0537
I hope we won't ever reach a time when all the highways are cluttered with bill boards and industrial containers. I took these shots on a vacation this week and fortunately most of the scenery from the road wasn't cluttered although as we approached towns the clutter increased.
phclutntDSCN0522
Click for the home of photohunters.

12 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Very interesting clutters.
But I'm really enchanted by the landscape, your pictures, mainly the last one, are outstanding!
So nice that you enjoyed this place!
Léia

Sue said...

Oh wow! The last one especially is so picturesque, and lovely! We humans sure do know how to mess things up and clutter eh! Happy photo hunt and happy weekend :)

Annie said...

Great photos! The rural landscapes in our state are so beautiful. I hope we don't clutter them all up either.

Have a great weekend.

LifeRamblings said...

lovely rural sceneries. very calm, peaceful and uncluttered indeed.

Liz said...

Nice take on the theme. The views are breathtaking.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Liz @ MLC

Photo Cache said...

I enjoy looking out at the passing scenery and capturing them. Someday I'd hope to be able to venture out that side of the country.

Have a lovely weekend.

http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

jams o donnell said...

Ah now those rural scenes gladden the eye. No clutter for miles! Have a great weekend

ancient one said...

Those last two photos were very uncluttered. The first one had some clutter. I'm glad that there are still stretches with no clutter. Perfect for the theme!

YTSL said...

Hi Carver --

Have to admit to thinking when looking at your photos and then reading your accompanying comments that things really are relative -- because the sides of the highways pictured don't look all that cluttered to me! And re billboards: many of them can be annoying and mundane (or both) but I used to get some amusement viewing some of them when on the road in the U.S.... :)

Unknown said...

the uncluttered landscape is captivating.

cluttered

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think the world is too cluttered.

gengen said...

It looks pretty place dear.. Happy hunting and mine is up...