Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Today's Flowers and Weekend Flowers: Another Durham NC flower walk


I had to go back to Durham, NC for work this week and returned to Grace Garden.
todayflowDSCN4735
This time of the year there is something new to look at each day.
todayflowDSCN4742
I like early spring because individual plants stand out more than later when there are more plants and flowers growing.
todayflowDSCN4749
There seemed to be a lot of new growth since I looked just a week ago.
todayflowDSCN4783
I like to snap some macro shots to get a better look at early blooms.
todayflowDSCN4789
The Narcissus above and Helleborus below are always amongst the first blooms of spring.
todayflowDSCN4792
After Grace Garden, I walked up a block to a courtyard and landscaping in front of the blue building you see in a distance in the fourth shot.
todayflowDSCN4819
I like the way you can see the earliest blooms but there is still a lot of space where the flowers aren't yet above ground.
todayflowDSCN4820
Some parts are more barren and others have more growth.
todayflowDSCN4828
All the shots in this part are of the landscaping and courtyard that surrounds the blue building.
todayflowDSCN4830
I remembered from last spring that this was a good area to explore in March.
todayflowDSCN4856
It looks very different in the summer and winter.
todayflowDSCN4867
The last shot is of an old house converted into an office and I always like the garden that grows there.
todayflowDSCN4882

11 comments:

islandwonder said...

I especially like the Helleborus. Very gorgeous.

Randi said...

Thanks for the tour! Terrific captures. I love Helleborus! Mine are hidden under the snow now...
Happy weekends!

NatureFootstep said...

that is some interesting buidlings. :) They have nice colros.

Indrani said...

Those green ones are Euphorbia I am sure.

A Colorful World said...

We're definitely getting close to spring! Flowers are popping up amid the browns. Love the helleborus! What a lovely walk, too.

Unknown said...

Lovely! The helleborus is gorgeous.

lotusleaf said...

Hellebores are never seen in these parts, though narcissus is sold by some florists. It must be wonderful to see those early blooms.

Lui said...

How interesting to find those blooms in that place. And only a flower lover can spot them and shoot them that way!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy Spring! I loved this walk with you. (If I had to work again, I'd love to do it in an office like that last picture -- so much better than some sterile high-tower building.)

Self Sagacity said...

Pretty amazing how things do look so much different from one season to another.

DeniseinVA said...

A great series of photos Carver. So good to see everything coming to life again. Due to a short trip away and trying to catch up now I am home, I am a bit late commenting this week. However, I didn't want to miss out on letting you know how grateful I am that you shared these great photos with Today's Flowers. Thank you so much!