Translate

Friday, March 01, 2013

Photohunters: Steel and an Auction Shot



UPDATE: I misread one of the themes. It was an ACTION shot not an auction shot. I wish I'd known that as it would have been easier. Oh well.
 
I'm fudging slightly to combine the two themes this week.
photohuntersteelauctioncc
The Raleigh Civic Center has auctions frequently and the building has steel. The shot above is looking out a window in the Civic Center. The shot below is of one of a pair of sculptures made in part of steel (I think) and its in front of the same Civic Center where a variety of auctions are held.
photohuntaucstIMG_5099
I don't know what the sculptures represent but since they are a pair, I think possibly they are meant to symbolize ice skates in honor of the ice hockey team, the Carolina Hurricanes, who are based in Raleigh, NC. Click here fore the Steel photohunters and here for the auction photohunters. 

14 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Very beautiful and original sculpture!Love this set of images, the first shot is amazing, great capture!
Léia

eastcoastlife said...

Lovely and cool sculptures, luckily they are not for auction. :)

Susan Demeter said...

Beautiful pics! Is it auction? I thought action. Oops!!!

my Photo Hunt blog entry

Jidhu Jose said...

cool shots

Anonymous said...

the floor to ceiling windows are really nice and airy and bright.

Vicki said...

The steel window frames make the views. Lovely pictures

My steel is at http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=1178

YTSL said...

Hi Carver --

Wow, if it had been auctiOn, I don't think I'd have any shots to submit for this week's Photo Hunt! :O

You, OTOH, did great with it! :)

Anonymous said...

j'adore le premier cliché

EG CameraGirl said...

You made me laugh out loud. :) I'm so glad I'm not the ONLY one to misread a prompt. :)

Gattina said...

Auction is also an action, lol ! But I admit that's quiet difficult to photograph !

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Well, it was a great combo anyway! And there is action there so it works, as your hunt posts always do.

Bing said...

cool shots!

love the one looking out a window. :D

Anonymous said...

What a fascinating sculpture. One of these days I shall have to study it in person.

Have a super weekend.

Vane M. said...

Puxa, são imagens realmente fascinantes! Gosto da estátua casual...um abraço!