Translate

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Today's Flowers and Weekend Flowers: late flowers and going to seed


I love flowers at all of their stages.
todayflowsDSCN2018
There's something beautiful to me about flowers that have gone to seed. They provide food for the birds and the promise of new flowers for the next summer.
todayflowsDSCN1992
There are still a few roses in bloom.
todayflowDSCN2002
The first first four shots were taken at Grace Garden in a Durham, NC park.
todayflowDSCN1997
The rest of the shots were taken in my yard and driveway.
todayflowDSCN1965
The rose of sharon (Hybiscus syriacus) above was wet from the rain. The fairy asters are late bloomers in my backyard.
todayflowDSCN2069
The last shot is of fairy asters growing through the cracks in my driveway.
todayflowsDSCN2054

9 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I agree with you. Flowers are beautiful in all stages. I love yours, thanks for sharing.

Cezar and Léia said...

Beautiful flowers, my favorite is the delicate rose with raindrops!
Happy weekend,
Léia

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, I agree. Nature is good all year long!! There is beauty in everything if we only take time to look.

Karen said...

Some lovely last blooms of summer Carver!

Unknown said...

It seems to be a lovely weekend at your place. You're lucky to get such beautiful flowers next to you.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Yes, I love to see plants turning into bird-feeding stations (and hate when people are neat-freaks and don't let that happen).....You really have a nice variety of flowers still blooming this month too!

Love the little fairy asters...so intrepid, give them a crack in the sidewalk and they'll give you late-season beauty.

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, flowers truly are attractive in all their stages. That rose is scrumptious!

Carletta said...

I too like the seeded stage of growth.
Those little fairy asters are smile makers. :)
Your rose of Sharon is still lovely. Mine have all already gone for the season.
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Mary said...

I also love flowers in all stages. Your shots are so beautiful! Love the roses!