Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Photohunters: Planter at Home


When I saw that the photohunters themes this week were at home and planter, I knew what I'd use to combine them.
PHplanthmIMG_9531a
All of the shots in this post are of the planters taken at home in my garden. The first 4 shots are five and six years old.
PHplanterhmIMG_9683
I used to start vegetables early in the spring and continue growing them late in the fall, using the covers to trap the sun and heat during cold nights.
 PHplanterhm2IMG_7941
In addition to the four square planters in the first two shots, I have planters around my daughters old swingset.
PHhomeplant2IMG_9093
The last two shots were taken this week of my home garden planters.
PHhomeplantDSCN0140
I don't have the energy to garden anymore and I've let my yard turn into a jungle which has started to eat the home garden planters.
PHhomeplantDSCN0148

6 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

Great photos! Gardening is A LOT of hardwork. I don't have the place to grow vegetables, but my Mom used to love to grow vegetables when she was younger, and before she became ill. They always tasted the best :)

my Photo Hunt blog entry for this week

Happy photo hunting and weekend Carver!

eastcoastlife said...

This is my dream garden!! How lovely to have fresh vegetables and flowers from your own garden. :)

Leora said...

I'm sorry to read you no longer have the energy to garden. I can understand that - I get drained with summer gardening. Also with fighting the animals - I have my plants in a cage, but one cucumber plant grew quite tall, and a deer came and ate all the top leaves. Sigh. Your garden looks a bit like a jungle now.

MaR said...

You have such a lovely garden. A jungle is also charming :)
Happy weekend, Carver!

photohunts

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Those are very interesting planters. I've never seen anything like that.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I don't have the energy to garden on THAT scale! I have a few pots full of herbs and tomatoes... enough to keep me snipping through the season!