Translate

Monday, July 15, 2013

Nature Notes: Fox Family Returns

The fox family has returned to my deck for some fun.
naturenotesDSCN9879
The way they make themselves at home makes me suspect they are fairly frequent visitors.
naturenotesDSCN9880
Like the time before, I spotted them through my windows and door windows.
naturenotesDSCN9882
I took a ton of shots through the windows.
naturenotesDSCN9884
I'm starting to wonder if they have a den in my overgrown backyard.
naturenotesDSCN9885
Another possibility is that they are living under my house.
naturenotesDSCN9887
They also may live in the woods near by or any number of places.
naturenotesDSCN9888
They look so sweet and tame I wish I could go out and chat with them but I'm sure they would run off if I opened the door.
naturenotesDSCN9891
With all our rain of late, moss is growing well in formerly bare spots.
naturenotesDSCN9866
Fairy asters usually don't bloom until the end of the summer where I live but they are ahead of themselves.
naturenotesDSCN9803
Bees love rose of sharon (hibiscus syriacus). 
naturenotesDSCN9789
I took a number of shots of this busy bee.
naturenotesDSCN9790
It looks like his legs are covered in pollen.
naturenotesDSCN9791
I wonder if this tree was struck by lightening.
naturenotesDSCN9628
That seems plausible with all the thunder storms.
naturenotesDSCN9632
The fungi looks like little steps to me going up the tree.
naturenotesDSCN9633

14 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your yard is so amazing, I don't know if I'd ever want to leave. The fox family is wonderful --

Leora said...

The foxes are adorable. They don't cause trouble, do they? Doesn't seem like it from your post.

Cynthia said...

How fun to have a family of foxes right outside your window! (Unless you are a chicken, that is!)

Unknown said...

I have never seen a foz in real life :). and that's a lot, no? are the pets or pest? :)

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos Carver, loved the photos and how exciting to see your visiting foxes.

Cynthia said...

Oh wow, Carver - how amazing! You're so lucky to get a view of these guys! You probably already know this, but these are grey foxes, as opposed to the more common (and not native) red foxes. Grey foxes are reclusive,arboreal, and not many people get a good look at them! I did a two-year tracking survey in the woods of northern Massachusetts, and I (even still to this day!) never found any grey fox tracks or other evidence. Cool beans!!

SandyCarlson said...

The foxes look very relaxed and at home in your yard!

Rebecca said...

What a wonderful sight to see!

Mary said...

Wonderful photos! You are so lucky to see these foxes just outside your window! Really great!

Rambling Woods said...

You always take your time and make the most lovely nature posts..I also love the bee covered in pollen and the adorable fox family...Michelle

EG CameraGirl said...

The fox kits are adorable! Hope they leave your local birds alone.

alp said...

Preciosas fotografias..me han gustado mucho...un beso desde Murcia...

Photo Cache said...

carver that looks like a family of foxes. incredible. are foxes common in your neck of the woods? why are they so close to humans? they look so comfy in your deck.

Pat said...

Those curious young foxes seem to like hanging around your house! They're really adorable.