Translate

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weekend Snapshot: Number 9



I went outside this weekend to take photographs of the autumn colors but was sidetracked by the surprise shots. I did take some of the trees too but the first surprise I'm going to include is my Halloween/Autumn display, on my front porch, which was discovered by the wildlife. For last week's WS I posted the planned display. Below is the Indian corn after the squirrels or maybe birds had a feast. I kind of liked the way the food was eaten by those in need.The next shot was a planned one. I love this time of year when some of the leaves have changed and some haven't yet, providing a nice mix of colors.
The other surprise was when I was in my garden checking on my lettuce and I caught some color out of the corner of my eye. I thought it might be a volunteer maple sapling which was changing colors as I've had quite a few of those but no, my roses are having a last hurray before winter.
I don't live in a rose covered cottage but part of the year I have a rose covered storage building, a fact I'm sure I've mentioned a time or two or 50 on my blog. It's not covered at the moment but there are quite a few roses blooming that I almost missed noticing. Imagine that.
Back to the trees, some of them are in full color. The oaks have only barely started to change here but the dogwoods and maple trees almost knock me out with their vibrant shades of color.
One last weekend snapshot and this one is my gerber daisies which have managed one last moment of bloom before winter. I have several more small buds which may not be fast enough but I was glad I spotted this one in my garden.This has turned into a half dozen weekend snapshots but too much going on outside for me to narrow it down.

Monday is the official weekend snapshot day but as usual I'm posting mine a day early.




32 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Lovely photos. Our squirrels make a meal out of our pumpkins. Last year we lost a big one to some rather impressionistic furry carvers (no pun intended). This year the squirrels must have heard you had the corn out and they headed south for a change of menu!

Great pictures, and hurrah for those beautiful late bloomers!

maiylah said...

what lovely colors! too bad we don't have autumn here; some trees do change colors, though it's not that noticeable. :)

My WS post

Liz said...

Beautiful photos! Loved the nice mix of colors of the tree. And your late bloomers are stunning :)

Anonymous said...

what lovely shots! the changing colors are awesome ... :)

happy monday!

Raquel said...

Beautiful photos, what a lovely color of your daisy too. ;)

Have a great week!

SabineM said...

Lovely shots! I wonder what ate your corn, probably a Squirrel! ;-)
Lovely rose colors!!!
I LOVE the changing of the leaves. WE don't get much of it here in Southern Cal.
I miss the big piles of leaves to jump into (though I used to complain when I had to rack them!)

Cody said...

I'm sure the squirrels thank you for such a lovely display.

Wonderful photos!

Anonymous said...

Hello, lovely shots! I like flora subjects as well.

Have a wonderful week! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Amazing photos. I love how vibrant the colors are. It must have been a perfect day to take those lovely shots.

Emmyrose said...

Such beautiful photos, splendid colors :)

Have a great week ahead!

HartofDixie said...

I love this set of photos this week, especially the flowers and the trees are so crisp.
You take really good photos!

forevermonk said...

amazing colors of fall!.... spledid!.... and mystical!.... happy weekend to you! bless you!

Carver said...

Thank you so much for your comments. I hope everyone has a very pleasant week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and vibrant colors of flowers!!! :) Love 'em!

Have a great week!

Christy Woolum said...

Thank you for the visual images to help me celebrate once again my favorite season. Breathtaking photos.

MaR said...

I love fall pictures and colors! mainly because I live in a pine tree area and they are always like that: green! your flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i love the 2nd and fifth pic..mayb is bcoz we dont see those colors here

Anonymous said...

today, i am here to chat not comment on yr post :)

yr autumn pics reminded me of it. five yrs ago i was rushed to hospital bcoz of suspected heart attack. the drs thought it was serious n thought a major one would follow. i was an ocean away from my family.

i clawed my way back since then and when i look at pics like that i praise God for my second chance. Every day is a bonus.

Joyismygoal said...

yes knock me out is a good way to put it pretty pictures

Anonymous said...

wonderful photos you've got!

the blooms are delight to everyone.

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting and commenting.

Ah Bong I am so glad that you made it through that terrible scare. I am glad that autumn has a positive message for you. It must have been so hard being so far from family when that happened. Take care, Carver

Anonymous said...

wonderful shots!

very colorful including the corns!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots! It is amazing how late things can bloom, though maybe that is global warming! I love that the squirrels ate up the corn too - I guess they know better than to let food be for decoration only! :D

Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

I love all the colorful leaves and noticed at my job that the roses bloomed also. :-) Do you think you have raccoons or opposums? They will get into stuff like that too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, oh my! Your poor Harvest display... Those squirrels... LOL

Your photos are beautiful. How amazing to discover a November Rose! :-)

Happy Monday, Happy week and Happy Autumn!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors on the trees. I sure would like to see a wonderful fall again. I never really appreciated it when I lived in NJ.

Anonymous said...

You've got a beautiful garden. Those flowers are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow...wonderful colors in your photos! Thanks for your kind words on my site. I see you have some lovely photos on your site and I am going to have to come back and check them out. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color and beautiful flowers!

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting. This has been another fun weekend snapshot. I enjoy seeing what everyone chooses for their WS post.

Anonymous said...

Autumn is the most colorful season of all. Great photos! Have a good weekend.

Nicole Pelton said...

Ooh, I love all the red in those photos, wonderful. Thanks for stopping by.