Translate

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sending out thoughts

My thoughts today are with Liz who blogs at Our Fight. Mike is no longer in pain, after his valiant fight with melanoma. I only knew Mike through Liz, his wife, who posted on the MPIP and blogged about their fight. Through a few emails with Liz and her honest posts, I came to feel like I knew her and Mike. They were confronted with this awful cancer early in their marriage and are only in their early 30s now. The honesty, guts, humor, and courage of this young couple touched me deeply. As Liz put it on her blog, At 2:15 p.m., with one hand in my hand, and the other in his mother’s, Mike’ soul left this earth and soared the skies. He is now my very own angel.I will be away from my computer for a few days. I'll catch up with my blogging friends when I get back. Hopefully, I'll have some photographs when I return of something besides my back yard. Oddly, I'm shy about taking pictures when there are strangers around me. That's one thing about Manhattan, although I'll be visiting family there are always a lot of strangers surrounding photo ops but we'll see.

15 comments:

SabineM said...

Oh wow, I didn't know Liz and Mike, but your post brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully written, Carver.
Wow, I am a at a loss of words......so terribly sad



On another note, HAVE A BLAST this weekend ;)
Take pictures or buildings, strangers (god knows there are plenty there)..etc...

MaR said...

I didn't know them either, like SabineM, but I felt for that young couple...so sorry to hear about this...
I love to watch people out in the streets but I don't feel comfortable taking pictures of busy streets. Have a great time and take loads of pictures!

Raquel said...

Hi Carver, goodluck and enjoy your weekend. I am looking forward of your beautiful pictures.

Take care and God bless! ;)

Carver said...

Thanks so much SabineM, Mar, and Raquel, I hope you all have a good weekend too! As ever, Carver

Misty DawnS said...

My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to Liz.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful fun filled birthday weekend Carver!

Chris

Carver said...

Hi Misty Dawn, I appreciate your comment.

Hi ChrisB, I've been thinking about you and hope everything is going well. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. I'm finally all packed and looking forward to it. As ever, Carver

jmb said...

How sad for that young couple.
Have a great weekend in New York Carver and have a very happy 50th birthday. You are just a kid.
regards
jmb

Theresa said...

I echo the first two comments, what a touching tribute-it gave me chills.

Have a good time in NY, I'll be looking for you-the one taking pictures from a cab- Happy Birthday, YOUNG LADY!

Carver said...

Thanks JMB and Theresa, I appreciate it. Take care, Carver

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your return with more eye candy for us. Like you, afraid to take photos in public and when I do my hands shake... we really do need to work on those press pass buttons so people will throw themselves in front of our cameras and beg to have photos taken. ;-)

Mimi Lenox said...

So sad to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

JC said...

A prayer for your Liz and Mike. Safe travel wishes for you...

Anonymous said...

What a sad post Carver... I spent more than an hour on Liz's blog, so sad...

I dropped by to wish you a happy birthday! Unfortunately blogger won't allow me to post a picture - so you'll have to come over to my blog for your birthday card!! ;)
Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting. I think I got a few decent pictures from my trip which I'll post soon.
Take care, Carver