Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Today's Flowers:

I have a lot of different Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus) blooming in my yard.
todayflowhibsDSCN2941
The are a shrub like version of hibiscus. 
todayflowhibDSCN2954
The blooms aren't as large as what I think of as tropical hibiscus that generally have to be grown as annuals where I live.
todayflowhibDSCN2937
Rose of Sharon not only comes back every year here it seeds all over the yard for new plants and can take over the world in my garden.
todayflowhibDSCN2706
I let them come up wherever they please as long as they aren't crowding out other plants.
todayflowhibDSCN2705

8 comments:

Judy said...

Pretty flowers, I only have one rose bush and it's a wild rose.

Rambling Woods said...

Very beautiful and love the visitor to one of the blooms

EG CameraGirl said...

They are show stoppers, Carver.

Cezar and Léia said...

Goes very well along today's sunny day. :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Randi said...

Wow...So beautiful, Carver. I wish I had your climate here...

joy said...

Loving your flowers:) Dropping by from " Our world Tuesday"

Sandi McBride said...

I love all forms of hibiscus, even Okra...and cotton...the best being Okra since you can eat it!!!
Sandi

Carletta said...

Lovely Carver!
My are just beginning to bud. I had one bloom this week. Now if the deer will stay away. :)