Translate

Friday, June 01, 2012

Photohunters: Taste and Bridges

I have rather eclectic taste when it comes to bridges.
000001PHbridDSCN0546
To combine the two photohunters themes this week, I'm going to show you some of the bridges that suit my taste.
00001PHbrdtDSCN0349
I started with bridges I took in the Blowing Rock, NC mountain area (first 3 shots).
00001PHbridgDSCN0370
Sometimes the simplest foot bridges can be both useful and tasteful, even if the bridge is just stepping stones like the second one.
01PHbridgDSCN8589
Shots 4, 5, and 6 are bridges on trails near my house in Raleigh, NC.
01PHbridgaDSCN8622
The bridge above and below make me think of a crooked little bridge instead of the crooked little house from nursery rhymes. 
01PHbridgDSCN8660
The bridge below is barely visible which I kind of like. The next 3 shots were taken in the West Virginia mountains.
000001PHbrdgDSCN0725
The next one is much larger and dominates the landscape immediately around it.
000001PHbrdgDSCN0724
In contrast to the one above, the next bridge is stepping stones across the creek.
000001PHbrdsDSCN0760
The red bridge below is on a trail near my house in NC.
01PHbridtsIMG_4053
The next three bridges are in the Virginia mountains near the NC border.
001PHbridgIMG_9407
I am posting a lot of shots of bridges but they barely skim the surface of bridges that I've photographed which suit my tastes.
001PHbridcIMG_9305
The bridge below is rather large but the way I shot it makes it look like it's nestled in the trees. My tastes run to reflections which is another reason I'm including the one below.
001PHbridgtIMG_9349
Unfortunately when I was in San Francisco I was in between cameras so the shots I took there were taken with a disposable camera.
PHbridgestas34335_09
Although the quality of the photos is lousy, since the Golden Gate Bridge recently celebrated its 75th anniversary, I'm including shots I took of it.
PHbridg34335_11
Click for the home of Gattina's bridges photohunt and/or click for Sandy's taste photohunt.

14 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

All of them are great pictures, but the first one is like a master painting! Outstanding!
God bless you!
Cezar

Sue said...

A fabulous collection of bridges! My fave shot is the West Virginia suspension bridge. It must be breathtaking in person along with the WV mountains. And of course the Golden Gate is the granddaddy of all bridges. :) Enjoyed your take on the themes, happy weekend and photo hunting Carver :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

I love footbridges and kind of "collect" them too! So I loved all of these... But that first photo is just a stunner -- a wonderful reflective scene. You have excellent taste, Carver, in bridges as in many other things!!

Anonymous said...

I do love footbridges too. Sometimes their designs can get creative as well.

Happy weekend.

Annie said...

What a great collection of bridges. I love that trestle-like one - looks like it's growing out of the forest. The little foot bridges are charming.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Judy said...

Wonderful captures but I really love, love, love, that top shot!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful variety of bridges! Great selection!

Vicki said...

You do have good taste in bridges. Excellent.

http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=683

LifeRamblings said...

beautiful collection of bridges. the first one is awesomely beautiful.

YTSL said...

I totally approve of your taste in bridges, Carver! :)

Luna Miranda said...

i absolutely love your collection of bridges. the rustic wooden bridges are more of my taste but the steel bridges are amazing, too.:p

Gattina said...

Wow what a beautiful collection of bridge pictures and of all kinds !

Avory said...

Great photos! I have better San Francisco photos if you want me to scan them at work.

Suzy said...

Loved your pic of the West Virginia mountains.
Suzy Bridge