Translate

Saturday, June 02, 2012

Today's Flowers: June begins

After a hard rain, I photographed the flowers around my house on the first day of June.
todayflfrDSCN2373
The hydrangeas are full of blooms.
todayflhDSCN2370
The hydrangea above is the baby I transplanted many years ago which is an adult now. The hydrangea below is the parent bush.
todayfljDSCN2339
The gardenia below grows on the border between me and my neighbor. It was a birthday gift to my neighbor from her husband many years ago.
todayflowgDSCN2330
My hydrangea parent still has many shades of colors on its blooms while its adult child is all blue now.
todayflowhDSCN2336
The rudbeckia (black-eyed susan) on my deck started blooming on the first day of June.
todayflowrbDSCN2348
Most of the blooms are still in tight fists.
todayflrbDSCN2365
One of its blooms has opened wide.
todayflrDSCN2342

17 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful flowers! I love the blue color of those hydrangeas and that rudbeckia is so pretty.

Carletta said...

Wow Carver!
The drenched hydrangeas are lovely.
What detail you have caputured in the buds of the rudbeckia is amazing - all those little hairs!

Cafe au lait said...

Your blooms are so pretty!

My entry.

Photo Cache said...

I can never grow gardenia. However I never stop trying, I've got another one in my garden right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Id be able to be successful with this one.

http://ewok1993.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/todays-flowers-18-poison-hemlock/

Randi said...

Your garden is just full of colors already! Your blooms are so beautiful!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful flowers, I love the color of hydrangeas.

Luna Miranda said...

gorgeous flowers! the blue hydrangea is fabulous. i love your photo of the black-eyed Susan before it blooms--it's strange and beautiful.:p

Naturegirl said...

Gorgeous blue Hydrangeas! Do you add anything to the soil to make it acid? I just planted some blues last autumn and hope that they flower in blue. I am adding something to the soil.
Lovely series of flowers in your garden!

Laura said...

BeAuTiFuLLLLL! Love the tight swirl of unopened blackeyed susan...cool!

vincibene said...

WOW! Beautiful series! I love the first picture.

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous flowers and blooms. I love the blue hydrangea. Happy Sunday!

Penelope Postcards said...

That is a nice contrast of the open and closed blooms. What a great birthday gift the neighbor got that is also a gift to you whenever you see the gardenia. Floral shrubbery bordering a yard makes for a very friendly fence. :)

DeniseinVA said...

Fabulous flowers in your garden. love your photos.

lina@women said...

Enjoying your flower shots, Carver.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous blooms!

Orange Lilies, have a great week ahead.

Cezar and Léia said...

The blue hydrangeas are magnificent!
Beautiful images greeting June!
Léia

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous rainy shots!