Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nature Notes: Summer begins

One robin was bathing and splashing so much it gave the other American Robin a shower.
01naturenrDSCN2538
The robin decided she'd had a long enough shower and was ready for a bath.
01naturenreDSCN2540
They briefly shared the bath.
01naturenrfDSCN2541
Finally, the second one to enter got the bath all to herself.
01naturnzzDSCN2545
It's getting to the point where I need to weed my driveway.
natnotsDSCN2794
It amazes me how plants can grow in the most unlikely places.
natnotdvDSCN2790
I can't believe that some of the Queen Anne's Lace is already going to seed.
natnoteqaDSCN2700
We are continuing to have plenty of rain which the butterfly weed below is soaking up.
natnotesDSCN2758
Porcelain Vine (Ampelopsis) tends to try and take over the world.
natnoteamDSCN2749
 I noticed the little hills below in my neighbor's driveway. They look like ant hills but may be something else.
natnoteahDSCN2687
My grasses plumes are waving in a breeze.
natnotegsDSCN2559
Butterfly weed, virginia creeper and other plants are taking over my iris bed.
natnotegDSCN2575
In terms of the plants it's more like late summer than early summer but at least it isn't too hot yet. Click for the home of nature notes.

7 comments:

Libby said...

Your bird bath cam entertains me every week!! Love how the robins get so puffed up.

I like the Queen Anne's lace and how it form kind of a cup.

Always nice to see your place :)

Rambling Woods said...

I can't look at a bird in my birdbath without thinking of your birds..the robins always look so annoyed bathing..it is so funny...I think those mounds might be from paver ants as they dig their tunnels..but I could be wrong on that...Sometimes I just like to see what the plant becomes if it just appears as I don't know much about most of them so I have a very untidy garden...Your garden is a wildlife haven...Michelle

eileeninmd said...

Carver, I always enjoy your bird bath photos. The robin is so cute. Your garden is beautiful and I love the pretty grasses. Wonderful nature post.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Love the robins! And the driveway reminds me that I forgot to do a quick weed circuit of our patio before we left Florida. It is amazing how they do that isn't it!

Dianne said...

I have come to love weeds :)

the birds are a delight

NatureFootstep said...

it is soo much fun watching birds take a bath. They really love it. :)

Cezar and Léia said...

Just adorable images!Those birds are having lots of fun with this bath!
Léia