Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Flowers before the Burn

I made a special point of photographing flowers when I was in Durham, NC for work last week.
todayflowprDSCN3379
I fear that most of these flowers will be burned by next week due to a major heat wave.
todayflowpDSCN3401
After a pleasant June for the most part the end of June and beginning of July are having very hot temperatures as high as 105 F (40.5 C).
todayflptDSCN3341
Although Today's Flowers is on hiatus until later in August, I'll keep posting flowers if I have shots during the week.
todayflowoDSCN3344
I have quite a few flower shots from June I haven't posted so if the flowers get fried during the heat wave I may turn to flowers I photographed earlier in June.
todayflobDSCN3271
At least plants with deep roots will be helped by all the rain we had during the spring and much of June.
todayflobDSCN3259
It makes a big difference when we have a hot summer if the earlier months were wet.
todayflbDSCN3272
We may even get some thunderstorms next week.

5 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow, that's hot! A few days ago we were having 10 °C in the morning...
God bless you!
Cezar

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm always amazed at how well annuals do in the heat.

Judy said...

Wow, you are way hotter than us, I shouldn't complain. I just hate it when the flowers burn from the heat. Beautiful!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That, my dear, is TOO darn hot!!! I hope most of those beautiful flowers do OK..... we missed the usual spring flowers (it was an early spring --- and dry -- in Colorado and now that we're back in Oregon (where it's cool) most of them are gone already.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely flowers. It's nowhere near that hot over here of course!