Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Today's Flowers on Sabbatical

Today's Flowers is on sabbatical until August 18 due to some technical issues the host, Luiz Santilli, Jr. explained at the home site here.
todayflowhDSCN3129
I want to thank Luiz for starting this fun meme and for his efforts to reopen it in August.
todayflowbcsDSCN3146
I'm will probably keep posting flower shots at the end of the weekend.
todayfloechDSCN3122
This time of year is a particularly good time for finding flowers to photograph where I live.
todayflecDSCN3127
The first shot is a hydrangea blossom, the second is my black-eyed susan (rudbeckia), the third is coneflower (echinacea), the shot above is hibiscus, the shot below is coneflower.
 todayflecDSCN3119
I love dandelions and never understand people who hate them. Below is one of my volunteer dandelions.
todayflowdanDSCN3111
I have coneflowers all over my garden and have been photographing them a lot lately.
todayfloweDSCN3106
They are at many different stages with some flowers barely started and others in full bloom.
todayfloweDSCN3053
All of the flowers above are from my garden. The planter below is at a shopping center.
todayflowbsDSCN3037
The rest of the shots are of cana lilies at a park.
todayflowlDSCN3030
I like cana lilies particularly in large groups like the park has.
todayflowclDSCN3032
They require a lot of room to grow.
todayflclDSCN3029
I guess I'll stop here.

3 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

A paradise with so wonderful flowers!
I'm enchanted by your beautiful pictures!
Thanks for sharing!
Léia

Taken For Granted said...

Fine flower series. You must had fun shooting these.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers.