Translate

Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank you, tags, exercise log, and such

Tomorrow marks day 40 of my decision to try to walk at least 1 mile every day or do alternate exercises on the days I didn't walk. It's turned out a little differently than I originally planned. I'm walking 2 to 5 miles six days a week, and the past few weeks I haven't taken my camera at least 3 times a week so I could have a brisk walk without stops and starts. Since I'm walking about three times as far as my original plan, I need that one day when I rest. It's startling how quickly I've fallen back or rather leaped forward to where I was when I stopped getting regular exercise which was about 6 months ago.I suppose that the fact that I did at least keep walking with Bill on most weekends, during my six months of basically giving up on being particularly active, helped enough for me to establish a regular routine again. So far, knock wood, I am not finding myself feeling worse which was what happened for a while when I tried to be as physically active as possible.
I want to thank A Small Town RN who blogs at A place I call Home for passing the Be the Blog Award on to me in this post. I always enjoy visiting her blog both for her beautiful photographs from where she lives on Vancouver Island, BC as well as her thoughtful posts which cover a variety of topics including ones for her perspective as an RN. I appreciate her thinking of me for this award.Mary at Work of the Poet kindly thought of me for the Circle of Friends Award. I appreciate that so much. I enjoy her sense of humor, photographs, and posts on a variety of topics. I am so glad to have met Mary through blogging.I want to thank Mousey at Say Cheese for thinking of me for the Around the World Tag. To be honest, I'm so slow that I never quite run fast enough to tag anyone. Just kidding (sort of). What I thought I'd do is copy the links to the participants below in case anyone wants to visit some of the blogs. I didn't add my name since I'm supposed to tag 5 people and, as I said, I'm slow. But I thought I'd at least put the links here in case anyway wants to browse some of these blogs from around the world.

Instruction:1. Place your link after the list. If you have more than 1 blog, feel free to add them all here!2. After placing your blog’s address/es, you must tag 5 or more bloggers that is not yet in the list, this is to keep the ball rolling.Links around the world tag (update as of Mar. 11, 2008)

1 - Momhood Moments 2 - Business Mars 3 - Pinay Mommy Online 4 - OnlineBiz and Resources 5 - A Simple life 6 - moms….. check nyo 7 - Mommy’s Little Corner 8- Princezz 9 - Princess 10 - Random Thoughts 11 - Paradigm 12 - See Me For What You Will 13 - Pamp’s Blog Corner 14 - Pampered 15 - HappyHeart 16 - Qtcotzkie and Baby 17 - A Sorta Fairytale 18 -tragicseven 19 - Listen to the Beat! 20 Just Saying 21 Tipsy Tips 22 Different Angles 23 Delicious Corner 24 I Care 25 Blog Blag Blog 26 Daily List 27 - Life’s Journey 28- Welcome to my Crib 29 - Hearts Desire 30 - Island Paradise 31 - Texas Life 32 - Long Journey 33 - D’ Cooking Mudra 34 - My life 35- Swept Away 36 - Winged Words 37 - Rainier and Katrina 38 - Life! Learn it. Live it. Love it. 39 - Colour Our World 40 - The Next Chapter 41 - Painted Life 42 - La Place de Cherie 43- Chez Francine 44- Le Bric à Brac de Cherie 45- Missbodybeautiful 46. My Thoughts and Moods 47. My JOurney 48. Celebrate Life 50. Deeply In love 51. mY pReciOus 52. mY vOyAge 53.denz techtronics 54. denz recreational 55. Cashing 56. Icelog 57.Life’s Impression 52.Liza 53. Its Not A Weekend;Its a Lifestyle 54. Napaboaniya APAD 55. My Wanderings 56. Maiylah’s Snippets 57. Picture Clusters 58. Say Chesse 59. Stopover Your URL Here

6 comments:

jmb said...

Good for you Carver. That is good news. It is a bit of a problem stopping and starting to take photos but we do enjoy them. A good compromise solution all around.

escape said...

40days! that's discipline and passion. congratulations Carver.

Carver said...

Hi Eastcoast life, THanks for letting me know about that.

THanks JMB, I appreciate you support.

Thanks the dong, I appreciate that.

Carin said...

Congratulations with keeping it up. Every now and then I start again taking a daily round and walk for about 30 minutes. But I never made it through 40 days!!

Carver said...

Thanks Carin, It is hard sometimes to keep the momentum going with daily walks. I'm crossing my fingers that I can keep this going, particularly when it gets hot which will be a challenge.

SabineM said...

40 days congratulations!
Good momentum!
Sorry to hear about your results! I can't believe your doctor knew March 4th and you didn't!
Lovely shots! I love this time of year, though the allergies kill me here in Cal!