Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

Photohunters: Ripple and Two


The first two shots are of animals and ripples on the water.
00PH2ripple IMG_3419
In the spring shot above there are two turtles above the water and two turtles mostly below the water and the ripples give an abstract feel to the lake. In the recent shot below, one canada goose and one mallard equals two water bird creating ripples on the water.
00PH2rippleDSCN7665
The final two shots are of ice on the lake last week.
00PH2rippleDSCN8803
I think it looks like ripples were frozen into the ice. Is it just me or does it look like the Loch Ness Monster is submerged in the shot above. I'm referring to the dark mass in the center left part of the shot above.
00PHrippleDSCN8818

13 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

The first one is my favorite today! Perfect images for the theme, well done!
Léia

Susan Demeter said...

The ice does give an eerie effect in that one shot. Sure why not Nessie :)

I like the pic of goose and duck too Looks like the goose is giving chase.

All great pics for both themes :) Happy photo hunting and weekend Carver.

My photo hunt entry for this week

Photo Cache said...

I almost did not see the other turtle in the first image. Great take for the themes.

FRANKLY MY DEAR

Ela said...

Beautiful photos of nature
Wonderful colors and reflections on the water
Have a nice weekend :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh definitely there's something under there. If it were here, I'd suspect an alligator.

Love the turtles (everybody's favorite reptile) and the frozen-looking ripples!

YTSL said...

Amazing shots, Carver -- and I can easily see why you couldn't restrict yourself to just two photos this week! ;)

eastcoastlife said...

What is the current temperature to have that lake all frozen up? Keep warm.

Anonymous said...

Great shot of ripples for this week's theme!

Have a good weekend.

Icy BC said...

Lovely photos of the turtle and duck! Fantastic ripples too!

Annie said...

Nice photos. Love the turtles and yes, I can see Nessie!

Happy weekend.

Gattina said...

I love these little water turtles, I have never seen them here, only in aquariums.

EG CameraGirl said...

How observant you are when you take photos!

Anne said...

Oh wow, I love that first photo! Actually they're all great, but something about the first one really intrigues me. Lovely.