Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Today's Flowers: What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday, Friday, I noticed the Japanese Magnolia was beginning to get some buds.
todayflowDSCN3441
This tree frequently blooms too early and the blooms are short lived.
todayflowerDSCN3442
Today, Saturday, it started off raining but then changed over to snow around 10:00 am.
todayflowerDSCN3647
I photographed the camellia above from my kitchen door and the camellia below from my bedroom window.
todayflowersDSCN3591
The next shot is Pieris Japonica which I shot from my living room window.
todayflowersDSCN3600
The last shot was also taken from my living room window and includes my camellia with the Pieris Japonica. Fortunately, unlike my neighbor's camellias, my camellia isn't blooming yet and hopefully will hold off until spring.
todayflowersDSCN3640

11 comments:

Carletta said...

The buds are lovely against that sky! I haven't seen blue like that for weeks it seems.
What a snowfall! We had a dusting of snow last night and a few flurries this morning. It's all gone.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You're getting delayed winter -- I am holding good thoughts for the camellia. (We had two beautiful ones in the front yard when we bought our home in Oregon and then lost them both in a late freeze the very next winter. Those and the daphne -- and I never had the heart to replant either one.) The buds on the Japanese Magnolia look almost like pussy willows!

Anonymous said...

oh la neige tombe....

Jidhu Jose said...

beautiful pics

Lui said...

I love the natural shots and how cold it must be there now!

Bundle up and stay warm ;-)

Indrani said...

Looks good against the blue sky!
Great sights from you window.

Self Sagacity said...

Snow covering photos are quite interesting images too.

DeniseinVA said...

Your flowers must be so confused, but in all weathers these are beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing Carver and have a great week.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Many of our tulips are coming up way too early!

lina@womens perspectives said...

Perhaps the weather confused your flowers :(
Awesome shots. Thanks for dropping by.

Cezar and Léia said...

Impressive pictures with the blossom flowers with snow!
Léia