Translate

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Today's Flowers: Confused

Our strange weather confused the plants and some of my narcissus had emerged only to be encased in ice after a storm last weekend.
00todayflDSCN2470
This morning it was quite cold, well below freezing, but sunny. Something yellow caught my eye and I couldn't believe it.
todayflDSCN2759
Although bowed the narcissus above had started blooming, probably confused again by a warm day or two last week.
00todayflowDSCN2468
Another surprise was my lenten rose (hellebore) shown above when it gave way to the weight of ice was trying to make a comeback as shown below. Bowed but with their own beauty. Tough as nails.
todayflowDSCN2763

9 comments:

Judy said...

I'm sorry that the weather got your flowers but it makes for a pretty photo tho.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely photos but I'm sorry your flowers are confused. It is a bit strange the weather all over. Thanks for sharing Carver, and have a great week :)

Self Sagacity said...

I have flowers that bloom when they want to, sometimes in January. :-)

Indrani said...

Green with ice, wonderful shots! I never get to see such sights!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh! I thought I had another month before I started having serious spring flower envy. (Sure hope those beauties make it in your crazy mixed up weather.) I'm envious, but grateful to you for sharing.

Modern Mom said...

Pretty photos. Hope you'll find time to visit my entry.

Anonymous said...

je découvre cette plante

Cezar and Léia said...

The plants are suffering with this weather.I hope the weather can be better during this week.
Great pictures,
Léia

A Colorful World said...

The poor things!