Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nanture Notes: Moving into mid February

Some birds blend into their surroundings but male cardinals stand out, especially in the winter.
natnoteDSCN3294
Squirrels blend into the bark of the trees.
natnoteDSCN3288
We are continuing to have a wide range of temperatures and weather.
natnoteDSCN3279
The brown thrasher below blends into the leaves.
natnoteDSCN3249
I am remembering to look out my living room window to catch shots of the birds in my front yard instead of always photographing them through the deck door.
natnoteDSCN3246
The robins have been very active on the ground during the warmer days but go back to the trees when it turns cold again.
natnoteDSCN3233
Some days it is hard to remember that its winter but then the next day can be quite cold again.
natnoteDSCN3223
The female cardinal below was waiting her turn for one of the front yard baths.
natnoteDSCN3212 
I love the patterns of the ice I dump out of the bird baths.
natnoteDSCN3201
I've been catching a lot of reflections in the bird baths.
natnoteDSCN3115
Sparrows like the one below are another bird that blends into the dried leaves.
natnoteDSCN3084
The bird below was photographed in full color but it was a black and white day.
natnotDSCN3069
The American Robin showed off its red breast.
natnoteDSCN3118
I love the light in the next shot.
natnoteDSCN2956
In spite of the sky being partly gray the light bronzes the tree.
natnoteDSCN2944

10 comments:

Judy said...

I love how that cardinals always stand out in the winter, and I can hardly believe that February is half over.

eileeninmd said...

Carver, you do have a great variety of birds in your yard. Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

So many birds in your yards! We are waiting for the return of the robins, a first sign of spring here. Lovely shots.

AmitAag said...

Oh so lovely birds! Loved them all! Thank you Carver!!
http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2013/02/call-beach-by-any-other-name.html

EG CameraGirl said...

The light that bronzed the trees is gorgeous! You certainly keep a lot of birds happy with seeds this time of year.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful pictures. I love that squirrels, he looks so concentrated and curious about your camera!
Léia

Cynthia M. said...

Ooh - I'm envious of your brown thrasher visitor. Definitely not a bird I see frequently. Love those pictures of the lighted tree - so beautiful!
I'm always inspired to set out water dishes for our bird neighbors when I visit your blog, and promptly forget until the next time I visit! I'm hoping saying this 'out loud' will have some effect on my memory.

Janet said...

Carver, these are wonderful. You might enjoy participating in The Great Backyard Bird Count that begins Friday. There is a link to it on my 3R Ranch blog. :)

Rambling Woods said...

I was going to suggest the GBBC.. the Great Backyard Bird Count starts on the 15th. You have many birds visiting. I too love the light on the last 2. Thank you for linking up Carver...Michelle

Tina´s PicStory said...

how cute! a squirrel between all the birdies :)