Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Photohunters: Miniscule Foods I like



I went back to my photo archives looking for shots I've taken of foods I like. The first shot is of moravian coffee cake.
 PHcoffec2IMG_2081
In order to combine the two themes, I thought I'd show you one food that I can eat as much as I want of and the other shots are of foods I can only eat in miniscule portions due to a digestive condition I have.
PHminisfood2IMG_2092
The shot above was taken when I used to grow a lot of salad greens and I filled up the colander and put it in the garden box for a photograph. The shot below is of an apricot compote simmering on the stove. 
PHminsapricotcomp
Can you guess which foods I can only eat miniscule amounts of and which I can eat as much as I like of? For the past few years, I have to limit the amount of fruits and vegetables I eat but I can eat as much cake, ice cream, coffee cake, and bread as I want. Of course that's only in terms of not aggravating my digestive system. There are other reasons for not trying to live on cake. I love fresh produce so it has been a nuisance dealing with limiting the amount of it I eat. Click here for the miniscule photohunt and click here for the Foods You Like photohunt.

17 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Hmmm the apricot compote is one of my favorites compote as well!But I've never tried to make the compote myself. I should try someday!Homemade is just delicious!
I also love green salade...and tomatoes!I also like to make littles rolls with Italian Parma ham filled with arugula ( I'm not sure if it's the name in English )
hugs and happy weekend,
Léia

Anonymous said...

je me ferais bien une salade composée

DeniseinVA said...

Oh it all looks so good!

eastcoastlife said...

Growing your own vegetables is such a joy. Sorry to hear that you can't take too much fresh produce. I have never tried apricot compote.

Susan Demeter said...

Great combo of the themes. I'd love to live on cake too. :) Sigh. And I do relate to your food sensitivities. I love sesame but it hates me and unfortunately anything that contains it I cannot have.

Anonymous said...

i grow the salad greens in containers during the summer and what fun it is every evening to pick some leaves for supper.

i wish i can have unlimited portions of cake and ice cream :)

NatureFootstep said...

never heard of the coffee cake. Looks delicious enough.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I thought you were kidding at first, but you're not are you? Yikes. I'd have trouble limiting myself on either one of those delicious foods.

Annie said...

Moravian sugar cake! I used to eat it so often when I was a kid. I'm sorry that you have to limit how much fresh produce you can eat. That lettuce you grew is beautiful.

Happy weekend!

YTSL said...

Hi Carver --

Sorry to hear about your digestive condition! Still, at least you still can eat a bit of what you love -- rather than not be able to eat it at all, right?

Gattina said...

The more I "go" from blog to blog the more I get hungry, lol !
Everything looks so yummy !

Bing said...

the greens look so mouth watering!

Vane M. said...

A imagem em macro do bolo me deu água na boca. Um abraço!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - I have the other problem - only miniscule bits of cake and my weight in fruit and veggies. SIGH

peppylady (Dora) said...

I have couple of friend who has trouble with their digestive system and they are limited to what they eat. But I have to say the moravian coffee cake....Looks yummy...coffee is on.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I know that digestive 'issues' can get the best of us at times...
Whatever it takes to stay healthy!

Raine said...

The close up shot of the moravian coffee cake made me thought of rice cake. I had to re-read to find out the name of cake. :D Sumptuous delights. :D