Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Today's Flowers: Snow and Thaw

This weekend it is staying a few degrees above freezing and raining
01todayflowerDSCN3651
Last weekend it was snowing.
01todayfloDSCN3654
Ordinarily when I get to photograph flowers in the snow it's in March.
01todayflowerDSCN3999
In a lot of ways this month has been more like March.
01todayflowDSCN3996
Part of the month has been quite cold but then it warms up.
01todayflowDSCN4007
After the snow melted I propped up a daffodil, that had been bent all the way to the ground, for a shot.
01todayflowDSCN4121 

14 comments:

lotusleaf said...

Brrr...Beautiful!

Meta said...

Stackars små blommor som inte är vana med snö.
Ha en fin söndag
Kram Meta

vincibene said...

Beautiful series! I love the last picture, wonderful light!

Luna Miranda said...

vibrant flowers despite the ice.

Luna Miranda said...

vibrant flowers despite the ice.

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful captures and shows me spring is just around the corner. I love to see your flowers peeking through the snow. Thanks Carver and have a great week.

Carletta said...

Beautiful closeup of the daffodil!!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They do look cold but the beauty shines through; that perfect daffodil in the last shot is officially my first Spring flower of the season to be envious of. I hope you show me many more.

Indrani said...

Love the details in the last picture.
Great series.

Anonymous said...

magnifiques

Lui said...

It does look chilly.
But the Daffodil look sunny ;-)

Modern Mom said...

beautiful blooms! Hope you'd find time to visit my entry.

Cezar and Léia said...

awesome winter!you got lovely images, I love the rose with snow!
hugs and a nice week,
Léia

Tina´s PicStory said...

so beautiful flowers! if you like join us at weekend flowers :)