Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Photohunters: Celebrate Where You Live






I am combining the photohunters themes: Celebrate with the other photohunters theme: A picture of the city where you Live.

0001PhotohunceleIMG_5106
I decided to use some old shots I took in the city where I live when it was decorated for people who celebrate Christmas.
0001PHcelebIMG_5069
I picked shots from the downtown area of Raleigh, NC which show a mixture of building styles.
0001PHcelebIMG_5108
The wreathes and bows add a celebratory feel to the city.
0001PHcelebIMG_5117
Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina and you can see the dome of the old Capitol building in the shot above. The shot below has the North Carolina flag reflected in the center.
0001PHcelebIMG_5122
For the photohunt with the theme - A picture of the city where you live, click here; for the photohunt with the theme celebrate, click here. 

16 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

The city streets look so festive! I already miss Christmas time I love the decorations and holiday feel :)

Happy photo hunting and weekend Carver!

my Photo Hunt blog entry!

Anonymous said...

the wreaths are just the perfect decoration and the perfect touch to make the streets very festive.

YTSL said...

I like cities with architecture that's a combination of old and new. :)

Vicki said...

I love the touches of red in the Christmas decorations. A time of year to celebrate.

I am celebrating at http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=1051

LifeRamblings said...

a wonderful insight into your city. i love the festive atmosphere.

eastcoastlife said...

Love the festive feel of the place. I am admiring the different designs of the buildings.

Gattina said...

What a nice sightseeing tour of your city ! I just started visiting and I have the feeling that I will see a lot of interesting cities and make a tour around the world !

Twisted Cinderella said...

What lovely pictures of The City Where You Live!

Mine is up for today: http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2013/01/saturday-photohunt-celebrate-and-city.html

Cezar and Léia said...

Did you have white Christmas? I hope you did! :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It's such a pretty city -- I'd love to visit it someday...we have huge gaps in where we've been "up North" (from Florida).

peppylady (Dora) said...

What a pretty City.

Mine is up and the coffee is on.

Vane M. said...

Lindas imagens da cidade e decoração, tudo parece muito bem organizado! Um abraço!

Sandy said...

Great as always..love, love , love

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I always celebrate when you join us for the PhotoHunt
~:-)
Sandi

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see the celebratory finery at different times of the year! I was amazed at how beautiful it was in Italy last month!

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful shots, Carver! I like the flag reflection too. Raleigh is a nice city to live close to.