Translate

Friday, January 14, 2011

Photohunters: Shadow

I take a lot of shadow shots but don't post them very often so I had a wide selection to choose from in my photo archives for this theme.
phsadcamIMG_0090
There is a weekly theme I've seen bloggers I visit participating in called shadow shots.
phanshadIMG_0095
I've considered participating in Shadow Shots but at this point I'd need to start dropping weekly themes before I add any more.
phshadanbch0382
I enjoy participating in weekly photographic themes but I do so many between my two blogs that it can be time consuming.
phshadmrbc0391
Photohunters is the first weekly theme I started doing. I didn't know about themes or memes or whatever they are called before I joined in with photohunters.
phshadsnd0410
I enjoy playing with shadows although some work better than others.
phshadlths2IMG_4793
I was trying to avoid the shadows in the shots I took at the NC museum of art until I realized that they were kind of interesting.
phanddbsh2IMG_5384
They were double shadows for some reason.
phshaddb2IMG_5387
I saw the shadow from the trees on my back porch as I got out of the car and couldn't resist shooting them.
phshadprab2IMG_7313
It is remarkable to me what light can do on surfaces.
phshadwprch2IMG_7314
I always notice the shadows when crossing bridges.
phshadw3751br
Sometimes the shadows become a little fussy but I like them anyway.
phshadrdbr4170
This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of my shadow shots because I have a zillion of them.
phbrshado4179
The Shelley Lake bridge below is one I frequently shoot with shadows in mind.
phshadshbr4574
I think the goose was kissing her shadow.
phshadgrs5754
It certainly appeared to be a case of shadow infatuation.
phshadgrcl5755
I had already searched my archives for shadow shots and prepared this post to publish later when I spotted the shadow of the tree on the ice. I decided I'd add it since there was something about it I liked.
phshadow2202
Click for the home of photohunters.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, it's beautiful place

Sue said...

All great choices for the theme! I especially enjoyed the goose checking out his/her own shadow :) Happy photo hunting and weekend!

LifeRamblings said...

those are some great examples of shadows. the goose shots are my favourites too.

Annie said...

Wow, what a great collection! I had a lot of shadow photos too; it kind of surprised me because I didn't realize I'd taken so many.

I love the shadows in the sand in the 5th shot. Almost looks like mountains from up high. The double shadows at the museum are awesome (I'm so glad they let us take pics in that place!).

And I too love the goose!

MaR said...

You have a stunning collection, Carver, love the statues' double shadows! very artistic.
shadow

jams o donnell said...

What a wonderful collection of shadows. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

oh these are all wonderful shadow shots. i too have seen the meme and was considering joining, except that I don't have enough time to do any amore memes.

have a relaxing long weekend.

Liz said...

Beautiful collection shadow shots.

Have a fun weekend.

Liz @ MLC

Randi said...

What a lovely collection of shadow shots. You are really very creative! Love all of them.
Happy weekend.

Maya said...

A great collection of shadows! I like the duck kissing its own shadow.

jmb said...

Wonderful collection of shadow photos Carver. I have one measly slightly out of focus one today.

Happy weekend.

EG CameraGirl said...

Great collection of shadows, Carver. I agree with you that playing many memes can be extremely time consuming. I need to bow out of a few but I cannot decide which ones to let go. They are so much fun!

ancient one said...

Great shots.. I especially loved the statue shots with the shadows.. all were wonderful...

YTSL said...

Wow oh wow, Carver, what a lot of shadow shots you had just waiting to be shared -- and finally, it's happened! :D

gengen said...

They are cool shots for shadow.. Happy hunting.

NicoleB, Kuwait said...

I love the shadows too. Your shots are fantastic!
I think the last one with the tree is my favorite :)
The ones from the museum come probably from different lights at different angles :)

ipanema said...

love your collection of shadow!

great take on the theme.

happy weekend Carver! :)

Anonymous said...

A great collection of shots for this week's theme. I always like the ones of the photographer captured in the scene . . .

Have a super weekend.

healingmagichands said...

That's a great selection of shadows, indeed. I think my favorite is the ripples in the sand and their shadows.

Glad I stopped by.

Marta said...

This is a really great set. I really like the different textures of the background - especially the sand of the first set. Also the bridges. I never think of bridges for shadows but I've seen several in this hunt.

rdl said...

Nice set of shadows, like the sand one best!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

The goose is so cute, checking it's shadow.
Maybe there were two lights on the statues and that made a double shadow?
Nice photos for todays hunt!

Anneke (Mudhooks) said...

Since I always tend to end up going out on my jaunts lat in the day, I ALWAYS end up trying to avoid (not always successfully) shadows of me taking the photos!

Nothing irritates me more than uploading a photo I spent some time editing and THEN notice my shadow stuck in the middle of it!

Rach said...

I liek the tree on ice shot as well, there's just something a bit different about it :-)

Rambling Woods said...

You know I Loved the goose...LOL...Memes do take up some time and the visiting especially...