Translate

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Snapshot and Nature Notes as April Ends

The first shot is one I took today at Shelley Lake where Bill and I went for a morning walk. The rest are from my garden. We have speed dialed from a chilly spring to hot summer days in the space of a week.I'm sure the weather will continue to go back and forth some but it is amazing just how fast it got very hot. Even the cardinal couple in my backyard were kissing in the shade of the trees to stay cool.Most of my roses won't bloom until June but the old fashioned climbing ones are already in full bloom.
As I've mentioned before on my blog, I may not live in a rose covered cottage but I do have a rose covered storage building.I'll admit that I'm not looking forward to the summer heat, but it has been a wonderful spring and these early warm to hot days are quite pleasant.
My early azaleas are pretty much done blooming, but this azalea wall which is always the last to bloom is still in its full glory.To visit other participants please go to the home of Weekend Snapshot, and/or the home of Nature Notes.

24 comments:

Juliana said...

oh...it is so beautiful and nature, Carver. First one is my fav.

My WS entry this week : in HERE. I hope you have time to visit. Thanks

mousey said...

that's a nice place to walk to.

i can smell the fragrance in your garden.

Celeste said...

Beautiful blooms, especially the azaleas and the cardinal couple look so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots, your flowers are gorgeous. Carver I want to thank you for coming and reading my article on public gardens and I hope you'll pass it on or at least pass on the link to the search engine for those that want it.
again thanks!

Dee said...

As always, love the flowers!

We are having that see-sawing weather, too. We had temps in the low to mid-80s on Monday and Tuesday last week. Thurs, Fri, and Sat, the temp was lucky to get to 60. I wish it would moderate to mid-70s and sunny!

Anonymous said...

It has been really warm here after the snow...I am so impressed that you got a shot of the cardinals courting...Beautiful post for Nature Notes....Michelle

JoyD said...

As your part of the world is getting warmer ours is getting cooler.... Its lovely to see the blooming flowers while Im freezing here ... lovely shots.. mine is here http://whenmomtalks.com/2009/04/weekend-nature-trip.html

Hazel said...

It must be awesome to live in a place like yours with so much beauty around. I never get tired of looking at your pictures.

SandyCarlson said...

I sure love those cardinals. These are wonderful photos. May spring straighten our her course so we can cool off a bit!

Leora said...

The cardinal photo is such fun. My azaleas are just beginning to bloom. Your rose photos are special; it does look like you live in a rose-covered cottage!

Dora said...

LIke the 1st pic! A really nice place for relaxation. ;)

eastcoastlife said...

Wow! I want to have flowers blooming in their full glory around me too! Your eyes see beautiful things every day. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Carver! The flower shots are lovely. You might want to consider taking part in Flowers Today as well on Monday :)

escape said...

you've ended the month of april quite bloomingly. now i realized that april is almost over.

SASSY MOM said...

You must have a very beautiful garden. I'm green with envy! Love your flowers!
Mine is here.

MaR said...

Your garden is such a beautiful place, Carver, I always enjoy the pictures you share of it.

Unknown said...

oh wow...beautiful colors of nature! what a lovely place you have.

dday said...

nature shots are truly wonderful. have great week ahead. ^-^

DeLi said...

all things bright and beautiful......

Indrani said...

The rose blooms were a treat to my eyes.

RJ Flamingo said...

Just grand! What a wonderful variety of sights and smells to greet you!

Ayie said...

Are those roses? That big tree like flowers by the house?

Daryl said...

So pretty ... back from my mini holiday, trying to catch up!

Anya said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw
beautiful shots :)
Happy WW !!