Translate

Thursday, April 02, 2009

First Iris of 2009

Last week I had to use last year's iris for purple day but that reminded me to check my iris daily for blooms. Yesterday when the sprinkling rain stopped I was rewarded by my first iris of 2009.My favorites are the dutch iris with their light blue petals and yellow stripe. The first one almost looks dark blue in the light I photographed it, but they are all purple except for the light blue and yellow one. I think the first one looks a bit like a cat.If you look near the bottom to the left of the shot above, the buds are popping up and soon the whole patch will be awash with iris.I guess that will be it. Not much to say but I couldn't restrain my enthusiasm over my first iris of the season.

9 comments:

juliana said...

i love irises and yours look great!
glad there will be more

Michele said...

Oh wow, the irises are delightful... and the color is terrific!! I love the purple...
I cannot wait to see flowers here!

Smalltown RN said...

How beautiful...but I have to tell you when I saw the Iris it brought a tear to my eye. Whenever I see Irises in bloom I think of my sister. That was her favourite flower. When she passed away I was responsible for arranging for the flowers for her service and the house...well you can imagine...I had lots of irises around...there are a maginificent flower...and you photograghed it so well...

MaR said...

Your garden is a fantastic and beautiful place, Carver!

jmb said...

Lovely photos of a lovely surprise. Spring is still not quite here in our part of the world. My garden has a few Wanda primulas and some yellow ones. That's it.

Unknown said...

beautiful! The weather might be sunny all weekend and my camera is broken... hmmm...

Daryl said...

Oh they are just so silky and sculpted looking ..

Indrani said...

These Irises are sooo beautiful, I couldn't help but stare and then comment.

Ascender Rises Above said...

I notice your new flowers have rain drops on them as well. ;-)