Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bird walks to come

I went on a walk this morning. It was a slow walk but felt good. I am going to have to start taking my camera with me when I walk. Being NED (no evidence of disease) is fabulous and I am well aware of how lucky I am. I have to find a way to live with the chronic junk I've had since a few months after my LND for melanoma and hopefully get better. I am starting a whole new P.T. set up and the rheumatologist is looking at various issues, having already identified one problem which is fixable, HOORAH! Walking this morning, the birds were everywhere and I wished that I had my camera with me. That will take the edge off how slow I walk these days if I can combine photograhy with walking. When I got home I did take a few pics of one bird on my deck. As long as I am satisfied photographing the birds which hang out on my deck through the glass door, I can at least get a little practice photographing birds. They are harder to capture than the flowers but it's worth the effort or rather will be if I can get better at it. I'll have to see what's hanging out at the lake near my house. I hate to drive to walk and my walks and runs around the lake were always part of my extended walk or run from my house. However, it's too far to make it to the lake on foot these days. It's only a little over 2 miles to the path that begins in the woods and winds around the lake but it's a good 5 miles and longer depending on the trails I choose to do the whole loop. That used to be my normal morning trail, even when I was pregnant 22 years ago, and I worked back up to that trail after my LND when I still had the surgical drain in. However, I have to accept the fact that I can't do that now, hopefully eventually I will, but not now. I can however, jump in my car and drive to the lake trail in about 2 minutes and walk to where I can see the lake and what's hanging out these day. I've spotted a blue heron there before although that may have been in the spring. I'll have to take my camera and see what I can find. Maybe I'll even try that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carver,

Those steps in the photo look so inviting. Thanks for posting them as they are enjoyed.

Best of luck with your P.T. session. I had therapy on a frozen shoulder two years ago and it has been good ever since! I hope you have the same success.

Janet (JMart)