Translate

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Today's Flowers: Looking for blooms after the freeze

When I was in Durham, NC for a meeting I almost didn't bother walking through Grace Garden because from the office parking area, I didn't see any signs of color.
todayflowDSCN8882
I was glad that I gave it a chance.
todayflowDSCN8889
There were parts of the garden with blossoms that were pretty in spite of damage from a hard freeze.
todayflowDSCN8886
The rose bush below had plenty of color.
todayflowDSCN8900
Up close the roses showed the damage from low temperatures but I like these fading beauties.
todayflowDSCN8905
I think the flowers below are a much lighter color in the summer.
todayflowDSCN8899
Even up close some of them look undamaged.
todayflowDSCN8896
There were some beautiful perennials.
todayflowDSCN8913
I'm not doing a good job of identifying plants and flowers in this post but by any other name would still . . .
todayflowDSCN8911

5 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I'm so glad you decided to walk through :)

Leovi said...

I like these photos autumn, beautiful flowers.

Judy said...

I love the fading blossoms! Your second macro of the roses is simply stunning!!

Jidhu Jose said...

beautiful pictures

Snapshot

EG CameraGirl said...

Ha! You did indeed find some colour! Looks like you may have captured the last of it though. :))