Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Photohunters: Gathering and End


 End
 
There was a gathering of waxwings and juncos, some of whom were perched on the ends of the branches, partying in the tree.
PHgatherend1848
The first three shots in this post were taken at the beginning of the year, but the last shot was taken at the end of the year.
PHgatherend1856
I thought I'd show you shots of the individuals who were part of the gathering. They are both small birds but I used more zoom on the first one.
PHgatherendDSCN4108
The bird above is a waxwing and the bird below is a junco.
PHgatheringendDSCN9732

12 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

They are so sweet! I wish I had a better camera so when I'm out hiking with the hubby I might be able to get some close-ups of the wee birds we encounter in our neck of the woods! Happy almost New Year Carver and all the best for 2013.

my Photo Hunt blog entry!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Carver.

I also went this route with birds for this week's themes.

MaR said...

Your pictures of birds are always beautiful, Carver. Wishing you a wonderful 2013!!

Happy New Year

Felipa Monteverde said...

Lovely photos of birds, love it!
Happy New Year
xoxo

http://felipa-imagens.blogspot.pt/2012/12/photohunt-fim.html

LifeRamblings said...

beautiful birds and happy 2013!

YTSL said...

Cool shots, Carver -- have to say though that I especially like the first one best. The composition... and the beautiful blue sky made it for me. :)

Vicki said...

Wonderful pictures. I love how birds sit at the end of the branches so lightly. Thank you for showing us some close-ups

Views from the end of the jetty at my house http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=1021

Gattina said...

Beautiful and very cute !

eastcoastlife said...

They are gathering for a year end party too! :D

Vane M. said...

Lindas imagens, o pássaro marrom é majestoso! Desejo um Ano Novo especial! Um abraço!

http://omirantedaimagem.blogspot.com.br/2012/12/fim.html

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This is by no means then END to the PhotoHunt ~ see you next year.
Happy New Year y'all!
Sandi

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I almost missed this great post (thank goodness for my Google Reader). And it has a Waxwing in it -- my very favorite bird ever. So glad I came back to it.

Nice combo as always.