Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Today's Flowers and Weekend Flowers: September ending


At the end of the summer and during early fall, chrysanthemums show up at grocery stores for sale.
todayflowersDSCN2135
I photographed these outside the Food Lion this week.
todayflowersDSCN2136
I'm continuing to photograph my hydrangea blossoms as they slowly change and die.
todayflowersDSCN2152b
I like the many phases they go through as I've mentioned many times.
todayflowersDSCN2308b
Soon they'll all be completely brown and shriveled until the new blossoms form in the spring.
todayflowersDSCN2310b

5 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Fabulous photos Carver, and thanks so much for sharing them. I love this time of the year when the mums are blooming.

Mary said...

Wonderful photos!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful Autumn post. I wonder if anyone has ever tried drying hydrangeas for dried flower bouquets.

Carletta said...

I miss Food Lion stores. :)
Beautiful mums!
I like the way hydrangea dry on the stem. They still have a wonderful look in there dying stages.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hydrangeas are lovely even as they fade, I think.