Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Loving the Rain

Nothing like a dry summer to make the rain the most wondrous blessing. I have read that the scattered showers we're having don't have much of an impact on the drought and for the farmers and others whose living might be affected, I hope the rain will keep coming. For me, the morning and afternoon showers with some scattered sun during the day is truly wonderful.
The birds are happy too. I walk outside when the rain lets up and they are singing and dancing and splashing in the pools. The bird baths aren't located in good spots for pictures because there is too much blocking them from the camera lens unless I get almost on top of them. I prefer to watch them from my windows or a distance and not risk interrupting their baby bird pool time.The leaves and flowers don't mind if I get on top of them for a close up. Even the bees practically ignore me. I got a so so picture of a bumble bee in a flower but for now I'm posting the pictures with the big juicy water drops that make me feel good.
When I was a freshman in college I took a course in Indian literature and was introduced to the part that monsoons play in the culture of people in certain parts of the world. I was a little baffled by it at first and I can't pretend that I will ever truly understand how something as intense as a monsoon can make the difference in life for people who live in parts of the world where their agriculture depends on it. However, the older I get the more I have at least an inkling of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's water. Yep. We are getting some too this afternoon. (Glad it held out a little while as we were on a bike ride earlier.) It must be God's kindness that caused that traffic light to go GREEN just as we needed to cross a busy highway. :-) And then we get glorious rain. Only problem is that the angry thunder has my dog hiding in the closet.
Sigh.
Your flowers wear the raindrops very well.
Love, K.

There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting.
-George Carlin

Carver said...

Hi Kim,

Glad you are getting some rain after your bike ride. I hope the beagles are surviving the scary thunder and that AbbeyDog is recuperating from her nasty excision. Love, Carver

King (Kathie) said...

Carver,

The pics are just gorgeous. You have an amazing talent. The rain in NC is more refreshing than the rain in Fl. Kim -- keep biking. Maybe we can meet up some day.

Stay Strong

Kathie

Carver said...

Hi Kathie,

Thanks a bunch. I have been having more and more fun taking pictures lately. Good think I don't have to buy film! I hope we can all meet up one of these day. That would be fun. As ever, Carver