Translate

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today's Flowers: A look back to April and May


I don't have anything still blooming at my house and haven't photographed any flowers this week.
01todayflowIMG_5763
I decided to look back at my archives and pick some flower photos from April and May that I haven't posted.
01todayflowIMG_5936
The first two shots were ones I took when I was out and about last April. I don't know what kind of tree the first one is but the shot above are pansies. The shots below were ones I took at my house in May.
01todayflowDSCN1755
Above is my hydrangea when it started blooming early this year in May. Now all the hydrangeas blooms are brown and dried. The next two shots are of my roses that started blooming in May.
01todayflowIMG_6809
I don't have any roses still blooming which I miss. Some years I've even had roses blooming in early snow to photograph in late November. If we have an early snow this year there won't be any flowers left to catch it.
01todayflowIMG_6936
The next shot is of my primrose in May.
01todayflowIMG_6886
Click for the home of today's flowers.

15 comments:

Tes said...

Such lovely flowers! Good shot! I love the blue/violet hydrangeas! Gorgeous! I love spring!

SquirrelQueen said...

It's very wet and windy here today so it's especially nice to see the spring blooms. I really like your last photo of the pretty Cranesbill.

lotusleaf said...

Pretty flowers!

DeniseinVA said...

It's hard to find those flowers blooming on our side of the world but you've found some real beauties in your archives for us. Thanks Carver.

Lui said...

That was a great collection and it pays to capture them in their prime to share later!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

i used to have blue hydrangea bushes in my old house.

Indrani said...

Such lovely flowers. Very colorful, nice presentation.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful flowers. Primrose is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how beautiful your garden must be in summer. Such a pretty selection of blooms!

Cezar and Léia said...

So nice to come back to these lovely flowers and Spring!
Thanks for bringing the colors and perfume in our Sunday here.
Leia

SandyCarlson said...

Your archive is a bouquet!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Now that everything here has begun to die off .. its nice to remember what they looked like way back in May!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely!

Petunia is my entry, please come check it out. Thanks.

Arija said...

Love the flowers in your garden Carver, particularly the Hydrangea and Evening Primrose.
Hope you are well and happy.

Míriam Luiza said...

Lindas flores! Merecem ser compartilhadas!