Translate

Friday, April 22, 2011

Photohunters: Dusty


I don't usually think of a reservoir as being dusty but I took the first two shots during a severe drought.
phresdst1142
The reservoir was at an all time low and the banks were dusty.
phdustrck1144
Dirt roads can be quite dusty and I imagine if I'd shot looking back instead of shooting towards the front of the car, I'd have a shot of dust in the next photo as it was quite dry.
phdusty4646
I'd rather drive on the last dirt road when it is dusty as opposed to muddy or frozen. I was glad we didn't need to drive on it at all. We were on the paved road above it.
phdustytheme1278
For the record, my house is always dusty but I couldn't bare to photography that for you. Click for the home of Photohunters and Happy Easter weekend.

17 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful shots. I know only too well about dirt roads and how dusty they can be. Perfect shots for "dusty".

Sue said...

These are lovely shots! My own are pure dust from my dusty house :) Happy weekend, and happy photo hunt!

Annie said...

Nice shots Carver. I remember that drought and all the dust. I too could have taken photos of my dusty house but decided not to.

Happy Easter weekend!

LifeRamblings said...

beautiful shots for the theme. Happy Easter!

JMB Balogh said...

Wonderful photos for this theme Carver. Yes my house is always dusty too!

Happy Easter to you.

jmb said...

Er Jaz is me.

ancient one said...

I have lots of dust in my home. You can write your name anywhere. All of your photos are great.
Happy Easter!

YTSL said...

Dirt roads (and trails) were one of the first things that came to my mind (too) for this week's Photo Hunt theme -- but yeah, definitely would never have thought of a reservoir as a place where I could get dusty-themed photos. So think you've got an original take on the theme there, Carver. :)

Gengen said...

It is beautiful shot for PH..Happy weekend. Mine is up.

Caron said...

One of the first things I think of when I see a new trinket or an elaborate design in a frame or some element for a home, I think of dusting. Living on a dirt road won't help, so I decided against that.

Sandra said...

Really beautiful photos, so perfect for this week. Happy weekend.

Nicole said...

No, no, no dust!
;)
I rather look at the gorgeous green one, ok? ;)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent post for the theme!

Pat said...

Beautiful photos!!

Happy Weekend.

bonggamom said...

I'm always sad when I see reservoirs so low. Hope the rains have come in your area to replenish it!


My dusty photo

Margaret Gosden said...

Gloriously scenic!

eastcoastlife said...

What dust!? What I see are lovely pictures of your neighbourhood.