Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Changes Accelerating

The change to winter is moving full speed ahead. We still have a lot of fall color but as fast as its going, it won't last long. The shot above shows the same tree in the bottom corner as is shown below. The difference is only a matter of ten days.I had to go to my office last week and this week for pickup/drop offs of work. I took the shot of the old house which is next to my company's office building last week, and this week the leaves have almost all dropped off.I never knew that a robin had white on the under side of its wings. I was surprised when I downloaded the photograph below to discover that.I love leaves and I think I enjoy them as much on the ground as I do in the trees.
I feel sorry for the ducks sometimes when I see them all scratching like crazy. That may sound weird but itching is no fun and sometimes it seems like all the ducks are going after an itch that just won't stop.
I went on a walk a few weeks ago with my friend HB and her dog Mia. I love the way Mia is looking at HB.
It's amazing to me how well the roses are doing in spite of the fact that we've already had a hard frost. It's pretty mild weather overall so I guess that has made it possible for the roses to linger.
I guess that's it. I don't have anything to say in particular but I like to record some of the changes which are going on around me.

11 comments:

SabineM said...

that is adorable photo of Mia. My dog looks at me like that. That is why they are OUR best friends! ;-)

juliana said...

wonderful shots, and the changes can be seen...

i think the ducks aren't actually itching; they spend a lot of time tidying and waxing their feathers in order to make them waterproof.

Dr.John said...

I like the leaves off the trees too as long as I don't have to rake them.
Great pictures of change.

Sidney said...

Nice fall pictures... you captured the mood very well in a few pictures.

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

the first photo looks like an ocean wave.
Fm-SWF#2-Pt. Edward

Rambling Woods said...

You still have some color and ours is all gone. The ducks itch and preen as the feathers usually have mites in them..

MaR said...

Loved your post and seeing Mother Nature in action!
Mia seems adorable!

Anne-Berit said...

Your photos are very beautiful,all of them.I live the photo of the dog and her owner.

mommanator said...

I love to get into leaves and just drag them along like a child!

DeLi said...

i love the first photo of the sky..and that fallen leaves are like pardise

Heart of Rachel said...

I love how the leaves covered the ground. It looks so romantic.

That's a nice shot of your friend and her dog.

That's a beautiful rose. I've always been fond of yellow flowers.