Translate

Monday, March 05, 2007

Onward and Forward

In my last blog entry I talked about trying to honor my good fortune. I read something someone else said that hit home. She went on a ride to honor a remarkable woman. The woman whose post I read this morning wrote about how the first part of her ride was to honor that woman but the end of her ride was for herself with the wind in her face, as I recall it. She ended her post with live strong. It resonated with me. Yesterday was a beautiful day where I live. I couldn't get motivated to walk but I did take some photographs. My neighbor's tulip tree was remarkably in full bloom. I couldn't believe it because I didn't think that tree would bloom this year. During a warm spell this winter it budded out only to have the buds zapped when we had some very cold days. Those premature buds fell off the tree and I assumed it wouldn't bloom in 2007. I was very surprised yesterday to see that same tree in full bloom. We have both extremes this time of year. The bare limbs on blue sky in my front yard and across the driveways is my neighbors tulip tree in full bloom. I have a volunteer from my neighbors tree in my front garden but it's under the oak trees and doubtful it will be able to grow to maturity. Even so I'm leaving it be. Maybe later I can transplant it to a better spot.
This week is full of medical check ups. I go this morning to the rheumatologist who diagnosed my vitamin D deficiency and got me P.T. for my frozen shoulder. He's also been keeping an eye on my C reactive protein which has stayed high for no reason we've figured out yet. Hopefully I'll find out today that the CRP is down to zero. Tomorrow I get a PET/CT at my local hospital for the first time. I've had five PET/CT scans at UNC but I jumped at the offer from the medical ONC I've started seeing to have my scans done in Raleigh instead of Chapel Hill. All my slides have been sent from UNC to Rex and although I'll keep seeing my doctor at UNC, I'll get scans done locally. Much easier to have a short drive to my local hospital on an empty stomach than fighting rush hour to Chapel Hill which takes under an hour normally but more like two hours when the traffic backs up to a crawl. Thursday I see my dermatologist but I doubt the PET/CT report will be sent to him by then so I'll probably call for the results if I don't hear within a few days. Onward and forward.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed, my friend...Onward and Forward.

My wish for you:
Comfort on difficult days,
Smiles when sadness intrudes,
Rainbows to follow the clouds,
Laughter to kiss your lips,
Sunsets to warm your heart,
Gentle hugs when spirits sag,
Friendships to brighten you being,
Beauty for your eyes to see,
Confidence for when you doubt,
Courage to know yourself,
Patience to accept the truth,
And love to complete your life.

Dunno who wrote it...
Take my hand this week, my friend because I am with you. I remember your proclamation that you and I will be fine and think of those words everyday.
Couple more glasses o' wine this Friday to celebrate???
Love ya, Buddy!
K.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love tulip trees! As always, your pictures are beautiful, Carver.

Sending up loads of good vibes, crossing fingers and toes and praying that your checkups all go well and that PET/CT comes back clear!

Meant to tell you too, your new 'Do looks GREAT! I love it :)

Take care & only the best wishes headed your way~
Shannon

King (Kathie) said...

Carver,

Good thoughts and prayers being sent to you from me. Carver will remain NED!!!

Stay Strong

King (Kathie)
Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets