Translate

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dona Nobis Pacem


Today is Mimi's Blogblast for Peace, and I want to say that Mimi has written a series of remarkable posts giving some of the reasons to fly a peace globe.

My peace globe has a dogwood flower on it because that is the state flower of my small space in the world and the dogwood stands for endurance. As a mother, a human being, and a member of this crazy family of man, I hope and pray that we will endure. I also hope and pray that we will not end up with an environment which continues to become increasingly hostile to many species, including our own.

The CD Save Our Children, by Pharoah Sanders has a powerful title track. The refrain on the song Save Our Children seems like a good way to conclude my Dona Nobis Pacem post -

Save our children that are dying

Love our mothers Love our fathers

Now's the moment for salvation

All we need is inspiration



Dona Nobis Pacem
Love, Carver

Mimi Writes is the heart and soul behind the Blogblast for Peace.

If anyone is interested, I have a peace collage on my photoblog - Carver Cards.





23 comments:

MaR said...

I love your globe, words and quotes! The dogwood flower has such a beautiful meaning, not only as decoration as I first thought...
Peace to you and yours, Carver.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a great quote! Let there be peace.

Gattina said...

Peace and Love from the
"Make love not war generation"

maryt/theteach said...

Happy Peace Day Carver! I join with you and everybody else hoping for peace in our lifetime! :D

Anonymous said...

Well done! Terrific collage, too. Peace!

Juliana RW said...

wow...you have wonderful peace globe and quotes...

My Peace post in here Thanks

Anonymous said...

sending you PEACE!!;0)


have a blessed day!

Raven said...

Beautiful globe and post. Peace.

-tnchick- said...

Beautiful contribution!

May there be peace.

Anonymous said...

That is a very beautiful globe with the Dogwood on it. Flowers always bring peace. And a feeling of freedom. I liked what you wrote. Well said.

*making the peace sign*

Akelamalu said...

What a beautiful post and I love the quote on your Peace Globe.

Peace to you and yours. x

Maya said...

I'm so much into the global peace messages i've been seeing today. I really hope every one are as enlighten as you & others.
Peace to you & the rest.
Happy WW.

Sandee said...

Very well said. Peace to you and yours. :)

Carver said...

Thanks for visiting my peace post. I'm enjoying visiting the different peace posts. If work would stop interfering with blogblast for peace I'd be making it to a lot more. I want to tell my PD, don't you know this is blogblast for peace day! Working from home my days and nights blend together. Oh well, Peace!

Anonymous said...

i love the dogwood flower!!!!! thanks for your post...

peace and blessings

Anonymous said...

Great post to add to this peace making day on the blogosphere. Peace and kindness to you!

escape said...

i love the quote. i also like the one in the Bible. "one day with the Lord is better than a thousand days without Him".

Julie said...

Very nice! The dogwood legend that I recently heard was about it beginning as a tall, strong and stately tree and when it was told it would be used to build the cross to hang Christ immediately it shriveled and became gnarled as we know it today.

Thanks for sharing...I enjoyed it here.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Ps. 34:14

Carver said...

Thanks so much to everyone for visiting my peace globe post.

Mimi Lenox said...

The dogwood flower....ahh....I know it well. Does conjure up images of peace, doesn't it?
You have placed your hopes and prayers on this page.
That has to mean something.

Peace to you and yours, my friend.
Mimi

Carver said...

Thanks Mimi and peace to you. I think you have done something wonderfully positive by coming up with the peace globes.

Travis Cody said...

Endurance...an excellent word to add to our revolution of words.

Peace to you and yours!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Lovely globe :)
Peace to you and all!!!